F1 2021

He is hit and miss, but I am subscribed as when good he is good. His dad prepares historic F1 cars, and seeing under the bodywork on some of the 90's Bennatons is fascinating.

It took a while before I realised he isn't related to Nigel Mansell.

Of the many F1 youtube channels Cranky Yanky (CYMotorsport) does great documentary reviews on both recent and older events/seaaons. The big difference of this channel is he is determined to show his sources for information, even more so in his statistical videos. Once you get past the Americanised pronunciation he is very good to listen to.
I'll check him out! I subscribe to The Race and their podcast is great, loads of deep analysis. A few others.

I think Scott Mansell probably owes a decent amount of his reputation to his name :lol: i assumed he was Mansell's son at first as well! I liked his Alonso video, I didn't know about his choppy steering style that suited that Renault so well.

Beaten by a young dutchman, sounds familiar...
But not the story in the big league!

Max must look at every championship he could have won if not for Lewis and think when will I get one?

There is a list of amazing world class drivers that never won a world championship - could Max be the next great driver to be added to that illustrious list??

With a Spaniard third. Britain's Jack Harvey was well in contention in second place until a cataclysmic pit stop ruined his race. Quite Russellesque the way his race was ruined.

Definitely a changing of the guard in IndyCar. Only Josef Newgarden of the established order was remotely in contention. Scott Dixon, Will Power and Alex Rossi were way off the pace.

But not the story in the big league!

Max must look at every championship he could have won if not for Lewis and think when will I get one?

There is a list of amazing world class drivers that never won a world championship - could Max be the next great driver to be added to that illustrious list??
Max has long enough in his career he’ll luck into the best car at some point you’d think, and with the culture of one driver teams that’s developing he’ll therefore be handed a title at some stage.

I do think Leclerc is the next big thing though rather than Max, but it all depends on machinery, which will likely propel Russell into that category of dominance too
He has to keep his majority F1 fanbase happy.

Throw in a V10 ditching the hybrids, monza-lite spec aero and it might be close.
I don’t watch much Indy but aren’t their cars develops asymmetrically to apply more grip on the outside of the car only, as the inside is just wasted downforce and therefore drag? I’m not sure you could ever expect to compete with a car unless you relaxed the F1 rules and allowed them to do things like that too

Last edited:
Max has long enough in his career he’ll luck into the best car at some point you’d think, and with the culture of one driver teams that’s developing he’ll therefore be handed a title at some stage.

I do think Leclerc is the next big thing though rather than Max, but it all depends on machinery, which will likely propel Russell into that category of dominance too
I think Charles has a better temperament for F1 than Max - Equally ruthless and driven but less impulsive. as you say the car will be key and who really knows what the tech changes next year will throw up.

I don’t watch much Indy but aren’t their cars develops asymmetrically to apply more grip on the outside of the car only, as the inside is just wasted downforce and therefore drag? I’m not sure you could ever expect to compete with a car unless you relaxed the F1 rules and allowed them to do things like that too
For the ovals, yes, the setup is completely offset to aid performance. I'm sure there would be some way to do similar if an F1 engineer wanted to.

This is all theoretical of course, as they are very different sports entirely.

For the ovals, yes, the setup is completely offset to aid performance. I'm sure there would be some way to do similar if an F1 engineer wanted to.

This is all theoretical of course, as they are very different sports entirely.
I’m sure they could, but if you’re talking a direct comparison between Indy and F1, you can’t do that under the F1 regs. If you changed the F1 car, then it isn’t F1 v Indy anymore
I think Charles has a better temperament for F1 than Max - Equally ruthless and driven but less impulsive. as you say the car will be key and who really knows what the tech changes next year will throw up.
I still think Max will drop points stupidly getting involved in things he doesn’t need to this season. Reminds me a lot of Hamilton around 2009-11, where he cost himself a couple of championships. I just feel Charles is a better prospect longer term, but it is down to the car ultimately as well, and id see red bull competing before Ferrari tbh

Last edited:

Back