F1 2021

Possibly so, but had the authorities acted then he may not have been. Guess we'll never know. Could argue that Hill had to deal with the death of his team mate in 94 also
In my opinion, Hill was never intended to be the number 1 driver, circumstances at Imola forced that, and then after getting so close to the title in 94, he sort of carried on in the role.

Not a cheating story but a good Ayrton one.

One season all the teams were experiencing grip issues with new sets of tyres (i believe they were Pirelli but not 100 percent sure).

Eventually the tyre maker told all teams to "sand" their tyres as the release compound they were using in the moulds was causing this issue.

Ayrton was not pleased, he had worked this out for himself and had got his pit crew doing it for 3 races previously!!

That's more than I thought it was going to be no wonder hamilton spotted it.

It annoys me that they done than knowing full well if any other team (especially Mercedes) done it they themselves would be complaining to the FIA about it.

Is it a safety reason teams can't do this? I imagine it also takes away power from DRS aswell.

I think Horner is a bit of a knob, but he's spot on about his complaining.

He basically does it for a ruling on what the rules are and what is genuine innovation. If its allowed Red Bull will follow suit. No point in copying just to face punishment later.

He was a knob who never got over Schumacher nicking his girlfriend (Corinna)

Hill had a very short career in modern terms. The story with Frank is a strange one, the only surprise for me is that he fired him after 1996 not 1995. His driving against Schumacher in 9
'95 was amateurish at times (Silverstone and Monza in particular) albeit not as bad as Coulthard's (spinning on the parade lap, anyone?)

Even now Hill still goes on about Schumacher weaving and closing the door in both incidents, he's so bitter about it. Bit embarrassing really.

So I think 1996 was always going to be his last after that. Frank Williams always had a sixth sense about drivers and when it was Time To Go but Frentzen was a bit right-time-wrong-man.

to be fair to Damon he was recently on Sky Sports reviewing his battle with Schumacher and held his hands for driving like a knob for the 95 British GP crash so ! And to be fair he’d have enough rights to take him out a few times for Adelaide 94 surely !

I think Horner is a bit of a knob, but he's spot on about his complaining.
He basically does it for a ruling on what the rules are and what is genuine innovation. If its allowed Red Bull will follow suit. No point in copying just to face punishment later.
Aye, he does things right quite often. Like a few of us said recently, he's a very clever, knowledgable bloke.

Its when he uses popular opinion to forward his own interests, that he becomes a bit of a knacker.
Like when his engines were shit, going on the stage at Silverstone to get the crowd to cheer for bringing back the V8s and booing the Hybrids. Shit like that. Which he'd NEVER have done if he had the best engine.

Silver v Red - Five or Nothing

This is the story of the 2018 season and I have to say it was an enjoyable watch.

The key moment at Hockenhiem is still amazing to see.

Will watch that later, love the look back at full seasons.

On another note, wouldn't the two Austrian race weekends be the ideal chance to test the sprint race format? You have a test week and a control week.

Silver v Red - Five or Nothing

This is the story of the 2018 season and I have to say it was an enjoyable watch.

The key moment at Hockenhiem is still amazing to see.

Really good watch that, and there is loads u always forget, the reliability issues Mercedes had and just how good Hamilton really is
What a developing story at Indianapolis. Grosjean takes pole for tomorrow's GP race. His first pole position in any race for 10 years and just his third IndyCar race weekend. Amazing stuff.
Any links of news article or video of it?

Last edited:
Last edited:
Or that F1 is so dependent on team performance that it stifles the individual talent that other race series enhance.
Fair point well made, but sato winning Indy (twice?) makes me think this is also a fair point...

I'm not remotely surprised and it confirms everything I think about Indycar. A mediocre F1 driver is as good as the very best Indycar driver

makes you wonder if alonso would regret not doing a full indycar season during his f1 sabbatical?

Back