F1 2021

Don't you have to get to the hill at about 4am or even the night before?

IIRC, tickets aren't ridiculously expensive, not compared to somewhere like Silverstone, where a pits straight tickets is around £500. I think you can sit on the straight opposite the pits in Monaco, just after the swimming pool chicane for around £350.
I thought about this but if I was to go back for the GP then I’d want to guarantee a spot

I love F1 but I agree that Monaco is the one race I’ll miss if there’s other options. Just don’t like it. Makes you sick an all, seeing them yachts parked up.

Still, remember when Panis won around 96 in a Ligier. Good win that.

Going to miss it as I'm away Friday - Monday that weekend camping with mates in the Lakes.

Genuinely not arsed one bit that I'll miss it live, watched most Monaco GP's since I starting watching F1 15 year ago and can't remember one memorable race there.

Just seen end of Formula E race in Monaco. I think you would be hard pressed to imagine F1 doing what they did. Frijns, Da Costa and Mitch Evans all battling for the lead. I lost count of the number of times the lead changed hands and the end from the exit of the tunnel to the line on the last lap was absolutely epic. If that wasn't enough Robin Frijns takes second place from Jaguar's Mitch Evans ON THE LINE!

Also brilliant I thought was the season opener to the F3.

Apparently the red bull has a very flexible rear wing according to Hamilton? Giving it an advantage on the straights... I’m not up on what he’s talking about, but haven’t see been here before with newey’s wing designs?

Apparently the red bull has a very flexible rear wing according to Hamilton? Giving it an advantage on the straights... I’m not up on what he’s talking about, but haven’t see been here before with newey’s wing designs?
I watched a video on something similar a while back. They are allowed a certain amount of flex, and it is tested in a very specific way.

The way they layer the carbon fibre in construction allows different amounts of twisting and flex in all sorts of directions. It got to the point you could stand in the tip of the front wings with no movement, but they would flex from air pressure at speed.

It is like back in 1981/82 when they specified a ground clearence, but only when being inspected so they had lifting skirts, and suspension hydrolics to lift the cars up at the appropriate time.

I watched a video on something similar a while back. They are allowed a certain amount of flex, and it is tested in a very specific way.

The way they layer the carbon fibre in construction allows different amounts of twisting and flex in all sorts of directions. It got to the point you could stand in the tip of the front wings with no movement, but they would flex from air pressure at speed.

It is like back in 1981/82 when they specified a ground clearence, but only when being inspected so they had lifting skirts, and suspension hydrolics to lift the cars up at the appropriate time.
I watched that video too, but I can't find it in my youtube history, sorry.

Going to miss it as I'm away Friday - Monday that weekend camping with mates in the Lakes.

Genuinely not arsed one bit that I'll miss it live, watched most Monaco GP's since I starting watching F1 15 year ago and can't remember one memorable race there.
Senna catching prost 1984 the start of the great man

I'm sure the covered this on the Sky Pad, or whatever they call it, on Sunday.

Best bit was it stopped raining not long after they threw the red flag, but as they showed the chequered flag too they couldn't restart the race.
Nothing to do with the French organisers wanting to ensue the professor got the win.

apparently Schumacher won in heavy rain in ‘97 for a special win, but I’ve no memory of it... although I do remember the year before when I think only 3 cars finished? Panis in the ligier taking the flag...

Nothing to do with the French organisers wanting to ensue the professor got the win.

apparently Schumacher won in heavy rain in ‘97 for a special win, but I’ve no memory of it... although I do remember the year before when I think only 3 cars finished? Panis in the ligier taking the flag...
Same here, 1996 was a classic war of attrition, 97 I have no memory of, but a quick google shows it hit the time limit due to bad weather.

Back