F1 2021

Haha, Aston only brought 1 set of upgrades to the last race.

Did the 4 time World champion get them?
Of course not

Hahaha

If I was toto I would be very concerned at this migration to RBR - I take it they are offering a better package for these people
money seems to be the hint...

"The capture by Red Bull of key Mercedes staff will not be ideal for the German car manufacturer, but its F1 team boss Toto Wolff said recently he was not worried about needing to ramp up wages in a bid to stave off personnel being lured away."

i would imagine if you've been with ilmor\mercedes a long time and have the chance of getting in at a well funded operation at the ground floor it would be a very attractive 'challenge'. newey reckons that's why he went to red bull back in the day, a chance to create his own empire (probably the same reason he's never left).

money seems to be the hint...

"The capture by Red Bull of key Mercedes staff will not be ideal for the German car manufacturer, but its F1 team boss Toto Wolff said recently he was not worried about needing to ramp up wages in a bid to stave off personnel being lured away."

i would imagine if you've been with ilmor\mercedes a long time and have the chance of getting in at a well funded operation at the ground floor it would be a very attractive 'challenge'. newey reckons that's why he went to red bull back in the day, a chance to create his own empire (probably the same reason he's never left).
Wouldn't be a surprise if its promotions too. Possibly dead man's shoes in ilmor\merc?

I watched the F3 sprint race and all I could think was... this is going to be shit in F1. A 20 lap sprint with no tyre change risks being just a gradual spacing out of the pack with everyone but the 1st Merc and 1st Haas in dirty air all the way to the finish (or a DRS free for all if they try to overcompensate). With a few crashes taking out a few innocent cars and screwing their Sunday.

Either way, it's not sport.

Listening to the pundits on Sky, and how they are going on about the first three races have been great. It will be interesting to see how they spin the race this week.

Back