F1 2020

Due to work commitments I've finally watched the race in full.

Full credit both to the medical car personnel, and the FIA in general for their work in safety improvements in motorsport. Three years ago Grosjean was dead in that crash, no hyperbole needed or intended.

Lewis did as Lewis does. Perez was unlucky. Bottas made hard work of something he should be doing better at.

Looking forward to the novelty of the 'almost-oval'
Just saw this on YouTube.

Last edited:
People like those are the reason I no longer have Facebook but also the only reason I miss it as sometimes they are actually hilarious how batshit crazy the ideas they dream up are.

Has anyone said how close Russell should be to Bottas in quali yet, or are none of the media 'experts' guessing yet?
It's the like Daily Mail comments section. I read it to a state of frenzy, swear never to do it again, and then the do it the very next day.

George has been interviewed saying how complicated the deal was.

Getting helmets painted, race suits from Italy.

His seat is three years old and at 6 foot 1 he is much taller than Lewis.

God knows what other stuff went on between Williams and Merc to get it over the line.

Valterri has also acknowledged the implications of George out performing him.

But George says he is under no pressure.

It’s a nice thought but F1 is all about pressure.

People like those are the reason I no longer have Facebook but also the only reason I miss it as sometimes they are actually hilarious how batshit crazy the ideas they dream up are.

Has anyone said how close Russell should be to Bottas in quali yet, or are none of the media 'experts' guessing yet?
Why guess now when they can watch P1,2,3 and make a "bold" prediction on Saturday.

Its a bad comparison imo, Bottas' 1-lap pace is very good. Often neck-a-neck with Lewis.
But George says he is under no pressure.
It’s a nice thought but F1 is all about pressure.
If you don't want pressure, get out of F1. This is literally his interview for a future top seat.

Last edited:
I am really looking forward to FP 1 it’s turned a routine weekend into something interesting.

I would like to see George score a point but also his home team Williams get something from this season. Obviously George’s efforts this weekend don’t go to Williams.

agreed... when i first read the stat i was thinking (as @Beau Peep lists above) of a comparison with senna, with Kubica as Elio De Angelis and Latifi as Johnny Dumfries. Question therefore will be, is Bottas a Satoru Nakajima or a Prost? answers on a postcard...

Bottas is good driver, he's just not a great driver.

He can out qualify Hamilton and he's been known to beat him in the race too.

The difference is in the overall package and is fairly complex but could be summarised as:

- Hamilton performs better under pressure, I mean literally better as well. The more pressure you put him under the more he finds in his performance.

- Bottas makes mistakes. Hamilton doesn't make many of them, especially when it matters.

- Hamilton can force errors out of others. He seems to have an indian sign over Bottas much as he did over Rosberg (2016 excepted). When he looms large in the mirrors its sometime enough...

Horner was still waffling last weekend saying they are giving Albon time.

I don’t believe him. I think Alex will get the push and someone new will come in.

I think the real issue is Max. He is a future world champ and may be objecting to certain teammates.

You may be right about Verstappen.

He seems very arrogant and conceited, even by racing driver standards!

He's clearly a strong 'personality' and the team have backed him to the hilt thus far.

With the support of the management, a selfish person, who may actually be hiding their own perceived weaknesses, can be a dangerous proposition to deal with.

He crushed Gasly and appears to be doing the same to Albon.

Usually you'd say within half a second is a good result. Obviously its a shorter track so maybe 3 tenths is a good bound to judge on. As long as he's third, then that'd be great for him imo, anything else and its a bonus.

Good shout! He retired because Ayrton finally got his bum into the Williams despite Prost having an assurance that he would not have Senna as a team mate.

Ironically 1994 saw the removal of active suspension that gave Williams the edge. Ayrton struggled with the car and then tragically lost his life at Imola.

Good shout! He retired because Ayrton finally got his bum into the Williams despite Prost having an assurance that he would not have Senna as a team mate.

Ironically 1994 saw the removal of active suspension that gave Williams the edge. Ayrton struggled with the car and then tragically lost his life at Imola.
Mansell did too but then came back.

Reminder:
06 DEC Race
17:10 - 19:10

05 DEC Qualifying
17:00 - 18:00

05 DEC Practice 3
14:00 - 15:00

04 DEC Practice 2
17:30 - 19:00

04 DEC Practice 1
13:30 - 15:00