F1 2020

Anyone thinking Max would be an equal to Lewis if they had the same car needs to watch this race over and over again.

The epitome of holding your nerve, running the race through in your head before committing to any rash moves. The lad is a very worthy champion.

Max is undoubtedly a very talented driver and will definitely have his day but is still on a very steep learning curve in being a strategic race day driver.
Tbh Max should not be making these mistakes in this 6th season
Drives like today when the champion in The Championship car wins will probably get overlooked in years to come, but it should go down as one of the all-time great drives. What Hamilton did today was exceptional.
Got to agree.

Last edited:
Drives like today when the champion in The Championship car wins will probably get overlooked in years to come, but it should go down as one of the all-time great drives. What Hamilton did today was exceptional.
I don't think this will get overlooked tbh, partly because it's the race he took the Championship, but also because that fact will help remind people why it was such an impressive drive.

Many of the great drivers have races that stand out above the others despite them having the best car. Hopefully this will be remembered in the same way.

Nail on the head, great drive today. Wonderful car but you have to be a wonderful driver to make it work, well done Lewis.

I’m watching the race to perfection - section about Alan Jones.

He said “nice guys don’t win anything in F1”

Frank Williams described him as a mans man.

If someone on the team annoyed him he would hit them!

Different times.

Still can't believe what I've watched today. My favourite race for a long time. Sublime from one man while everyone else was losing their heads in the trickiest of conditions. For all of those miserable wankers on social media (and here) who moan about F1 being boring and predictable and manufactured and all of that... I don't care. Go and watch MotoGP and the BTCC. Today is why I love Formula One and have done for thirty years and counting.

Still can't believe what I've watched today. My favourite race for a long time. Sublime from one man while everyone else was losing their heads in the trickiest of conditions. For all of those miserable wankers on social media (and here) who moan about F1 being boring and predictable and manufactured and all of that... I don't care. Go and watch MotoGP and the BTCC. Today is why I love Formula One and have done for thirty years and counting.

Watched this sport for 20+ years and really struggling to think of a better race to watch or a more impressive performance from any individual. Lewis was driving a car that finished 14th in the same race, lapped his teammate on a used set of inters (and used as in done 10+ quali laps, not the usual single flyer as usual) and for 40 laps of the race you couldn’t see how he could win. And even when those around him boxed for inters, Lewis was still faster than seb, Leclere, max and finished 30 seconds up the road from everyone else. True performance of not just a world champion, but of the greatest world champion there’s ever been. Truly superb

Watched this sport for 20+ years and really struggling to think of a better race to watch or a more impressive performance from any individual. Lewis was driving a car that finished 14th in the same race, lapped his teammate on a used set of inters (and used as in done 10+ quali laps, not the usual single flyer as usual) and for 40 laps of the race you couldn’t see how he could win. And even when those around him boxed for inters, Lewis was still faster than seb, Leclere, max and finished 30 seconds up the road from everyone else. True performance of not just a world champion, but of the greatest world champion there’s ever been. Truly superb
This.

Will Lewis want to stay in 2022 with all the changes and the unknown, think he will get his 8th next season as he just looks unstoppable but then may walk away.
"Multi 21, Seb".

He's definitely a bit of a prick as a driver, but then Hamilton has been too as have all the greats.

The likes of Max is more of a prick as a driver and as a person but seems to be loved.

Seb and Lewis seem to respect each other a lot

Last edited:
Will Lewis want to stay in 2022 with all the changes and the unknown, think he will get his 8th next season as he just looks unstoppable but then may walk away.

They had some great battles in 2018, both 4 time champions at the time
Looking back I think that was possibly Lewis’ best season. The Ferrari was largely the better car most weeks

They had some great battles in 2018, both 4 time champions at the time
Looking back I think that was possibly Lewis’ best season. The Ferrari was largely the better car most weeks
100%
The Ferrari was the better car in ‘17 and ‘18 and (maybe) ‘19...(obviously illegally we know now) but I think Hamilton in either of the Ferrari or the Mercedes would have been in the same position he is now, he is such a good racing driver.

Last edited:

I remember when Lewis was interviewed after Seb won 4th title - he said "well he's in the best car - lets see how he goes when he's not."

The rest is history.

Congratulations to the greatest of the modern era.

Top 5 all time.

We'll never know if he's just as good as Fangio, Clarke, Senna, Schumacher, or maybe better.

His race craft is exceptional and Verstappen needs to take note - by the same point in his career, i.e. 6th season, Hamilton had won one, lost one and was about to run riot.

Vettel showing what great respect there is between multiple champions.

Checo needs to drive that Red Bull next year

His race craft is exceptional and Verstappen needs to take note - by the same point in his career, i.e. 6th season, Hamilton had won one, lost one and was about to run riot.

Good point

Back