F1 2020

FIA and Liberty must be seriously worried about Russian GP here, lucky its not this weekend as I can see him doubling down, like people have said previously they cant withstand the public backlash from fans but equally I cant imagine the money people will be happy if he does speak up again about an injustice.

Merc’ supporting their man publicly. They said in reply on Instagram they didn’t believe it wasa a political gesture.
This is exactly the point I was making. Asking for justice isn't politics. By definition. Asking to change laws is different to asking for the existing laws to be applied.
FIA and Liberty must be seriously worried about Russian GP here, lucky its not this weekend as I can see him doubling down, like people have said previously they cant withstand the public backlash from fans but equally I cant imagine the money people will be happy if he does speak up again about an injustice.
How can any brand speak out against what Lewis is saying recently? There's only 3 groups of people here as far as I can see

1 - People who support the comments and think sport can be a platform for beneficial change
2 - People who don't want this type of discourse in sport
3 - Racists / Cunts

I doubt many big brands would rather attract #3 over #1

Last edited:
This is exactly the point I was making. Asking for justice isn't politics. By definition. Asking to change laws is different to asking for the existing laws to be applied.

How can any brand speak out against what Lewis is saying recently? There's only 3 groups of people here as far as I can see

1 - People who support the comments and think sport can be a platform for beneficial change
2 - People who don't want this type of discourse in sport
3 - Racists / Cunts

I doubt many big brands would rather attract #3 over #1

I don't mean the brands who pay for sponsorship, they obviously wouldn't, but do you think the Chinese government would sit back if he was to go up on the podium with a t-shirt saying justice for the Uighur Muslims or he had a t-shirt questioning the human rights abuse in Bahrain and many other middle eastern countries which stage races?

They pay millions to get the races to these places so no way would they sit back and allow anyone to get on the podium wearing anything like that. Those t-shirts would just be asking for basic human rights and existing laws to be applied so no different to what Hamilton wore, would love to see more speaking out tbh.

Supported lewis since he started, now my loyalties are with Max, I don't support racists, he calls out anything against people of colour yet it's total tumbleweed when it's a person of colour killing another person of colour or a person of colour trying to execute 2 white cops. This lad is brainwashed and imo a total racist. So sad.

Supported lewis since he started, now my loyalties are with Max, I don't support racists, he calls out anything against people of colour yet it's total tumbleweed when it's a person of colour killing another person of colour or a person of colour trying to execute 2 white cops. This lad is brainwashed and imo a total racist. So sad.

I do see where u coming from so hope u don’t mind me elaborating.

Amazing driver, greatest of all time

Totally right in what he is fighting for, but all the issues we hear are American, but fair play F1 is global.

With this global platform he has Don’t dismiss the average white man who obeys the law, and off from F1 but Anthony Joshua is the same.

I don’t mind fighting for what’s right and wrong, but I am not black and I bet the majority of us aren’t so we will never full understand the challenges in life he has faced

I do see where u coming from so hope u don’t mind me elaborating.

Amazing driver, greatest of all time

Totally right in what he is fighting for, but all the issues we hear are American, but fair play F1 is global.

With this global platform he has Don’t dismiss the average white man who obeys the law, and off from F1 but Anthony Joshua is the same.

I don’t mind fighting for what’s right and wrong, but I am not black and I bet the majority of us aren’t so we will never full understand the challenges in life he has faced

Exactly this. There is a video of him just as a little boy describing the racism he was going through in karting, then those so called 'fans' at the Spanish GP that blacked up and wrote Hamilton's Family or something on a banner, he's had a lot of shit in what is still a rich boy, white sport. He's got a platform now as you say and it's a Global audience, not a UK one.

Last edited:
Was that race to perfection documentary on sky f1 any good? (If anyone saw it...)
watched this last night, first episode is two hours long... and really good if you're an f1 nerd... not sure what the series will be like but this episode was a potted history of the last 70 years picking out 1-2 dominant personalities from each decade. quality of the footage is brilliant mind, production excellent as well...

Liberty are appointing a new CEO, the current Lamborghini one, Stefano Domenicali...

He may have previous F1 experience to keep many fans happy... :lol:
Hmmm yes I wonder what previous experience he has in the sport. I mean I’ve never heard of him but I wonder if he has ever been involved with an F1 team.

He sounds Italian doesn’t he.

I wonder!!!!!

I mean I’ve never heard of him but I wonder if he has ever been involved with an F1 team.
apparently he has worked alongside the head of the fia and the managing director of motorsports in f1 before too... :lol:

Carey is said to be remaining involved in some shape or form...
So the governing body and sports commercial rights holder are both going to be led by people who used to be team principles for an Italian F1 team?!
and the guy basically responsible for the technical reg's... the holy trinity! :lol:

Last edited:

Back