F1 2020

Hass is possibly the team I'm least interested in on the whole grid. I'm pleased they are there to make up the numbers - but aside from that, I don't think they bring very much to the sport. About from Gunther, of course

I hope they get back to where they finished in 2018 and kick on for 2021.
They didn't come into F1 to make up the numbers so they need to progress this season

It's the organisation too, which is principally down to Wolff

I can't believe he can get better at 35.

He has more experience now and his race craft is often sublime but better than he was at 30...or even 23

Definitely not as quick as he once was but he races now like Prost used to rather than his hero Senna. He does exactly what is needed now rather than take unnecessary risks and Prost was the master of that

Definitely not as quick as he once was but he races now like Prost used to rather than his hero Senna. He does exactly what is needed now rather than take unnecessary risks and Prost was the master of that
I'm not sure he's "not as quick", I just don't think he takes as much risk as he knows, overall, his car is going to win the championship if he takes a more conservative approach.

If he'd been in a Ferrari these last 2 years, he might have felt the need to push it harder.

Hass is possibly the team I'm least interested in on the whole grid. I'm pleased they are there to make up the numbers - but aside from that, I don't think they bring very much to the sport. About from Gunther, of course
Racing Point? At least Hass have Gunther like you say.

I'm not sure he's "not as quick", I just don't think he takes as much risk as he knows, overall, his car is going to win the championship if he takes a more conservative approach.

If he'd been in a Ferrari these last 2 years, he might have felt the need to push it harder.

Agreed, when he’s in tight races it’s still in him to push the limits, the fact that he’s learnt not to have to do that the whole time is probably why he’s the most complete driver on the grid at the minute.

Until recently, Force India were canny. Obvious 2 season dip from basically going bust. And not yet sure what they're going to turn out to be long term now

It should be interesting to see how this Stroll geezer develops the team.

One things for sure, if they start to look like a top second tier team again he'll need to sack his son.

Not sure what that photo is telling me. If it's supposed to be about how much banking there is, its not coming across
its because the photo has flattened the angle... the lad furthest to the left is stood straight which gives you a reference for the steepness (its larger than an Indianapolis corner).

Interesting read, always had a soft spot for Williams.

Updated reveal dates....

FerrariFebruary 11Reggio Emilia, Italy
RenaultFebruary 12France
McLarenFebruary 13Woking, UK
AlphaTauriFebruary 14Salzburg, Austria
MercedesFebruary 14Silverstone, UK
Racing PointFebruary 17Mondsee, Austria
HaasFebruary 19Barcelona, Spain
Alfa RomeoFebruary 19Barcelona, Spain

Yeah, seems odd to run a car and be a title sponsor of another
i presume its related to the fact that stroll snr is\was in the process of buying into aston martin the troubled company... whereas the red bull deal is a straight sponsorship contract that may have multiple years left?

also, have aston martin pulled out the DTM?

Last edited:

Back