F1 2020

Only just catching up. Good point just now on the Beeb, the leaders are going to lap the backtrackers pretty quickly, could be a lot of dodging going on...for 80 odd laps!

Also, is this the kind of track where quali will be like a car park with drivers trying to get the slipstream?

Last edited:

The F2 championship has been blown wide open today after Schumacher's clash with Nissany. Tsunoda picks up 4 pole position points, Illot 9th and able to attack for a good points haul, Schumacher way back in 18th. It's going to be some feature race tomorrow.

Just heard that - bottas is faster in 11th place.

He can’t keep the car on the island!!!!

I think he’s trying too hard.
Have a look at the Alpha T to see those “leg tubes” I mentioned yesterday

Last edited:
He comes across well, gives respect to everyone and is likeable. Easy to see why he is liked. Add in he is bloody quick and he is golden.
Bottas 3 tenths behind his teammate sounds very familiar.
Sadly even if he is half as successful as Lewis he would be liked than twice as much.

Body language from Bottas getting out of the car didn't look great there.

Very poor session from him, I don't understand where they got the data suggesting he was quickest.

I think from his deleted lap. It’s a really weird one, I know he and Hamilton share data though so maybe not having Lewis present is revealing a weakness we didn’t know about?

Body language from Bottas getting out of the car didn't look great there.

Very poor session from him, I don't understand where they got the data suggesting he was quickest.
Logon or register to see this image

Watching George being interviewed after FP2 and you would think he has been driving that Mercedes for years. Great answer stating he still has lots to learn about the car and team. It would be easy for him to get carried away.

Last edited:
Logon or register to see this image

Watching George being interviewed after FP2 and you would think he has been driving that Mercedes for years. Great answer stating he still has lots to learn about the car and team. It would be easy for him to get carried away.
I’d love it if he ended up at Mercedes next season somehow and blitzed Lewis. Don’t get me wrong I love Lewis but I think that it would be better for the sport for him to have a serious challenger and better again if it’s two British drivers at the top of the sport.

About 5 minutes in.

The way he described it, matter of factly, and so light hearted.

I looked around and saw orange. It can't be a sunset. **** it is fire.
George has the important stuff sorted. Looks spot on too.

Thanks for posting. Caught me when he said he thought of Nikki in the middle of it all. Lucky lucky lad, still can't believe what we saw on Sunday.

Be interesting race on Sunday. Russell doing well in practise today and I expect him to do so tomorrow. Be interesting to see what he does in the race as so far his racecraft doesn't look as good as his qualifying pace.

I think from his deleted lap. It’s a really weird one, I know he and Hamilton share data though so maybe not having Lewis present is revealing a weakness we didn’t know about?
The thing about the deleted lap, he never looked close to matching it when he didn't carry the momentum from running wide at 8, sector 1 he's looked good but he struggled each time in sector 2 when confined by the track limits.

He'll need a big improvement tomorrow or for George to drop off the pace, and he doesn't look like doing that.

This is a really exciting weekend, potentially watching the next big name in F1 coming of age.

Be interesting race on Sunday. Russell doing well in practise today and I expect him to do so tomorrow. Be interesting to see what he does in the race as so far his racecraft doesn't look as good as his qualifying pace.
Totally agree. I think the track is going to have a big impact too with it being so short. Russell could well be catching his ‘teammate’ at Williams in just a few laps if he’s 1.5s ahead (unless he bins it into VB on at the first corner).

Should make a good race though, 60+ laps of drivers racing between cars under blue flag through the the grid. The Constructers’ 3rd place is still to play for.
Strange fry nightmare.
No idea where ‘strange dry’ came from ^^

Last edited:
I’d love it if he ended up at Mercedes next season somehow and blitzed Lewis. Don’t get me wrong I love Lewis but I think that it would be better for the sport for him to have a serious challenger and better again if it’s two British drivers at the top of the sport.
Entirely agree, but the Williams family last act was that this would not happen in 2021. Let’s see what contract Hamilton eventually signs though...

The thing about the deleted lap, he never looked close to matching it when he didn't carry the momentum from running wide at 8, sector 1 he's looked good but he struggled each time in sector 2 when confined by the track limits.

He'll need a big improvement tomorrow or for George to drop off the pace, and he doesn't look like doing that.

This is a really exciting weekend, potentially watching the next big name in F1 coming of age.

Completely agree, for a dead rubber there isn’t half some intrigue!

Back