F1 2020

Last time Bono was on the podium they tried to drown him. Time to step up.

We all knew there was something special about Lewis back in 2007, but never expected him to beat The Michael's record.
Always thought he’d smash British records and that was good enough for me. Depending on the car regs in 2022 he could have 10 title wins and about 130-140 race wins be retirement and no one will match that in his lifetime

a) Albon should be gone, Gasly is just better

b) Lewis is somehow underrated despite being a Champion. Don't know why he's not talked about as much, but he's a bonafide legend of the sport, and a Brit to boot. One of the greatest drivers I have seen.

I saw Schumacher as well, and Lewis's consistency is right up there. He's amazing in the wet and in dry. He's great in qualifying and in the race. Hire tire management is second to none.

He should get more coverage than he does for what he's done for British motorsport.
Part of the reason maybe that f1 is now subscription only in sky in the Mansell era it was free on BBC

Part of the reason maybe that f1 is now subscription only in sky in the Mansell era it was free on BBC
Yeah, maybe so.

It's weird because we're honestly not that good at many sports. Lewis being top of his sport is an exception to us being mostly mediocre in Cricket (Current champions though shit in tests again), football (Never on top bar 66), tennis, etc.

Yeah, maybe so.

It's weird because we're honestly not that good at many sports. Lewis being top of his sport is an exception to us being mostly mediocre in Cricket (Current champions though shit in tests again), football (Never on top bar 66), tennis, etc.
Funny though, the second we won at (pro) Cycling, it was Sir Wiggins the next day. The second we won at tennis, it was Sir Murry.
But a black guy in F1, winning more than anyone in history. Nah. He can wait.

Maybe he turned it down and kept it quiet? The whole thing is stupid AF anyway.

Funny though, the second we won at (pro) Cycling, it was Sir Wiggins the next day. The second we won at tennis, it was Sir Murry.

In terms of sport he deserves a knighthood. Not sure he will get one though.

Its very rare that we win at tennis. We've had numerous f1 champions though. I really don't think its because he's black and I'm sure he will get a knighthood at some point.

Its very rare that we win at tennis. We've had numerous f1 champions though. I really don't think its because he's black and I'm sure he will get a knighthood at some point.
Deserves one tbh. Don't mind waiting till he retires for it though.

We may have had numerous F1 champions but how many have we had with the most race wins, the most Championships, the most pole positions, and most importantly, one who has ruined the career of one German and overtaken the achievements of another?

I am in no way saying Lewis doesn't deserve the knighthood as he is the greatest British driver of all time, cant judge against the other greats as I never saw them drive but to say Andy Murray and Bradley Wiggins got knighted the second they won is a very big stretch.

Andy Murray was knighted in December 2016 prior to that he won Olympic Gold and 2 grand slams one being Wimbledon as well as many other ATP tournaments.

Bradley Wiggins was knighted in 2013 prior to that he won 5 Gold Olympic medals, 1 Silver and 2 Bronze, 7 World Champions (runner up 4 times) on the track and 1 gold and 2 silver medals in the world champs on the road.

Deserves one tbh. Don't mind waiting till he retires for it though.

We may have had numerous F1 champions but how many have we had with the most race wins, the most Championships, the most pole positions, and most importantly, one who has ruined the career of one German and overtaken the achievements of another?
Sir Jackie Stewart

I am in no way saying Lewis doesn't deserve the knighthood as he is the greatest British driver of all time, cant judge against the other greats as I never saw them drive but to say Andy Murray and Bradley Wiggins got knighted the second they won is a very big stretch.

Andy Murray was knighted in December 2016 prior to that he won Olympic Gold and 2 grand slams one being Wimbledon as well as many other ATP tournaments.

Bradley Wiggins was knighted in 2013 prior to that he won 5 Gold Olympic medals, 1 Silver and 2 Bronze, 7 World Champions (runner up 4 times) on the track and 1 gold and 2 silver medals in the world champs on the road.
Murray actually had 2 Wimbledon titles by that point, along with his US Open title, as well as 2 Olympic golds having successfully defended his title in Rio. So he had certainly had to earn it.

Murray actually had 2 Wimbledon titles by that point, along with his US Open title, as well as 2 Olympic golds having successfully defended his title in Rio. So he had certainly had to earn it.

Didn't add what Murray won in the same year as I didn't know when the knighthood actually got announced, pointless trying to compare them though as its not as simple as you need to do this to get the knighthood, they both deserve it and Lewis does too, but we won't ever know the reasons he hasn't had it yet, just hope he gets one if he wants it.

tbh, I haven't exactly put much thought into it. This is probably better reading than my unfiltered ramblings (black, taxes etc)

Seriously hope he gets to 100 and 8 championships next year.

I’ll eat my own head if he doesn’t quite frankly
Didn't add what Murray won in the same year as I didn't know when the knighthood actually got announced, pointless trying to compare them though as its not as simple as you need to do this to get the knighthood, they both deserve it and Lewis does too, but we won't ever know the reasons he hasn't had it yet, just hope he gets one if he wants it.

No sportsman should get it until they retire tbh. Easy enough to fluke a good win or two and do nothing the rest of your career. Should be honoured when you retire and everything can be taken into consideration - like Lewis and his to be 12 world titles 😂

Last edited:
I’ll eat my own head if he doesn’t quite frankly
Its only 8 races in a 21 race calendar, in the best car with a #2 driver basically told to not attack him, with no real changes allowed to the cars next season
Aye, it'll take something totally unforseen for 100 races and 8 WDCs to happen by this time next year.

He's far more likely to quit than to not quit and not get those numbers

Its only 8 races in a 21 race calendar, in the best car with a #2 driver basically told to not attack him, with no real changes allowed to the cars next season
Aye, it'll take something totally unforseen for 100 races and 8 WDCs to happen by this time next year.

You’d have to think next years honours are almost a shoe in for him. His big decision will come for 2022

I don’t agree Bottas isn’t told to attack him. I just don’t think he can. Bottas first stint was driving the wheels off his car and destroying his tyres just keeping a 2 second gap to Lewis, who was cruising. Bottas never had a hope of keeping up with that pace over a full stint. Lewis’ main strength the last 3-4 years has been his tyre management and is so underrated in that aspect. Once Lewis was past, the tyre delta was always going to result in such a gap building with mercs one strategy approach. Only chance they had was to 2 stop Bottas, but the Merc rule of having one strategy has been around since before Lewis even - remember it costing Michael a podium a long time ago, and cost Lewis numerous chances at wins against Rosberg (and vice versa). The inter team rules stupid, but both drivers agree to this code of conduct preseason so can’t have any whinges on that side
You’d have to think next years honours are almost a shoe in for him. His big decision will come for 2022

No idea why you’d think of quitting as long as Merc are still dominant, and I don’t see anything to suggest they won’t be given Ferrari are a shambles and red bull don’t even have an engine

I don’t agree Bottas isn’t told to attack him. I just don’t think he can. Bottas first stint was driving the wheels off his car and destroying his tyres just keeping a 2 second gap to Lewis, who was cruising. Bottas never had a hope of keeping up with that pace over a full stint. Lewis’ main strength the last 3-4 years has been his tyre management and is so underrated in that aspect. Once Lewis was past, the tyre delta was always going to result in such a gap building with mercs one strategy approach. Only chance they had was to 2 stop Bottas, but the Merc rule of having one strategy has been around since before Lewis even - remember it costing Michael a podium a long time ago, and cost Lewis numerous chances at wins against Rosberg (and vice versa). The inter team rules stupid, but both drivers agree to this code of conduct preseason so can’t have any whinges on that side

No idea why you’d think of quitting as long as Merc are still dominant, and I don’t see anything to suggest they won’t be given Ferrari are a shambles and red bull don’t even have an engine

If he wins this season then next I could see him thinking I am the record holder for titles, single race wins and pretty much every record you can hold and still alive so why not bow out now on the very top. He has plenty of other stuff that will keep him busy for this life and another 5 and wouldn't have anything to prove to anyone if he is ahead of everyone in the titles. Also as much as I can't see it if Mercedes are not the best team under the new regs he might go 3 years coming 3rd in the Championship, it will do nothing to his legacy but might annoy him so could get him to go out on top IF he wins next year as well.

Back