F1 2020

Hamilton thinks the gap to RedBull will close over the next few races as RB have improved the handling of their car.

Toto has confirmed that Mercedes switched their attention to next years car a while ago so we are unlikely to see any significant improvements to the silver car this year.

It’s still going to be enough to win both championships but it would be great to see some close racing this weekend as we return to Portugal for the first time in 24 years and the first time racing at Portimao.

I’m not keen of planetf1, but the article indicated Russell getting the heave-ho and not the son of a mega-rich fella...
That was what I was getting at, if they did ever kick the mega-rich kid, it could only ever be to replace him with someone with equally massive backing, but Perez probably fits the bill there.

Hamilton thinks the gap to RedBull will close over the next few races as RB have improved the handling of their car.

Toto has confirmed that Mercedes switched their attention to next years car a while ago so we are unlikely to see any significant improvements to the silver car this year.

It’s still going to be enough to win both championships but it would be great to see some close racing this weekend as we return to Portugal for the first time in 24 years and the first time racing at Portimao.
Which means again Merc should be the car to beat next year

watched the latest race to perfection last night, again the usual high quality... greatest f1 teams episode was a large % about ferrari and a decent look at how schumacher changed the landscape - certainly makes a good case for why he should be considered the greatest regardless of others with more wins\poles etc. the stuff about brabham was really good, perhaps the most under-rated three times champion?

That was what I was getting at, if they did ever kick the mega-rich kid, it could only ever be to replace him with someone with equally massive backing, but Perez probably fits the bill there.

not sure if its related to the planetf1 article, but motorsport have a silly season type run down on the drivers market...

they don't really comment one way or the other on who the axe may fall for at williams.

True but they’ve got a headstart on the rest again.
i thought thanks to covid this years cars were going straight through two seasons?

rumours of the 23 race 2021 calendar included only one pre-season test in bahrain because the cars would be the same machines? are there slight tweaks around downforce for 2021?

They're just too good for the rest.
Aye. Still fancy them to be the best in 2022 anarl. LH could be a ten time champ by the time he retires
i thought thanks to covid this years cars were going straight through two seasons?

rumours of the 23 race 2021 calendar included only one pre-season test in bahrain because the cars would be the same machines? are there slight tweaks around downforce for 2021?

They’ll still be developing the cars

Last edited:
Red Bull

Some parts of the aerodynamic upgrades brought to the Eifel Grand Prix are not readily visible, suggesting they might be in the under-nose area. But one part that was quite visible was a new rear suspension detail.

The hub extension for the upper wishbone has been heightened further, creating a bigger space between the upper and lower parts of the suspension for aerodynamic exploitation.

Lance Stroll had a positive COVID test... odd thing is, it seems to be after the event as he's negative now so not sure if it was at the nurburgring when they said it was tummy trouble.

Lance Stroll had a positive COVID test... odd thing is, it seems to be after the event as he's negative now so not sure if it was at the nurburgring when they said it was tummy trouble.
I noticed a few theories kicking about on reddit last night. Its odd that he can race just ~5 days after a positive test. Didn't Perez have to wait 2 weeks? Which then cost him the opportunity to use the upgraded packaged for 2 races (as Stroll smashed them up. Both times!)

I noticed a few theories kicking about on reddit last night. Its odd that he can race just ~5 days after a positive test. Didn't Perez have to wait 2 weeks? Which then cost him the opportunity to use the upgraded packaged for 2 races (as Stroll smashed them up. Both times!)
it just seems a bit hush hush. im not entirely sure where in the time line he is with this - if he's clear to race it would suggest that they can trace it back to the nurburgring though. to their credit, f1 has been pretty tight on their covid policy within the paddock so im sure if they let him in then he's safe...

i wonder where the hulk is drinking his coffee this weekend?

I think you've lost a week!

According to his Instagram, he fell ill and isolated from Saturday 10th, tested on Sunday 11th, positive result on Monday 12th, continued isolating since then supposedly, but also tested negative on Monday 19th. If you're negative, you're negative, I suppose, the 2 weeks is a bit arbitrary and he's now 12 days after showing symptoms, Friday will be 14 days. So at worst he'd miss the Thursday presser.

Also when Perez tested positive, a race weekend was in progress and there were two race weekends one after the other so could never have made it back a week later for P1 of the 70th Anniversary.. in Stroll's case there was a week off so only missing one race.

Nevertheless, strange story that he wasn't immediately tested after "feeling unwell" and that we only hear about it now.

Nevertheless, strange story that he wasn't immediately tested after "feeling unwell" and that we only hear about it now.
i think that's the only odd thing i find about it - especially as they went to the effort to deny covid at the time with him having this Saturday morning toilet story. RP have been unlucky that both their drivers came down with it.

Back