F1 2019

Cannot believe anyone thinks that wasn't entirely vettels fault. Le clerc was in the middle of the track, staying out of trouble
if you're on the track, you're largely in charge of your own destiny (although albon would disagree)... i'll go 30/70 in vettel's favour personally - the jury has ruled partly on the turkey incident imho.

i don't really care, but i do have a creeping feeling of pity for vettel and his time at ferrari - and in some ways its feels very similar to alonso at ferrari where in the end it just 'didnt work' for one reason or another.

this is a decent interview with hamilton...

bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/50494619

he seems to want to draw back the curtains on something, but doesnt seem ready to when you read the whole thing.

Last edited:

Come off it
What has Le Clerc done wrong here? The irony is that Vettel has the racing line for the next corner (i.e. on the outside), and if he'd just stayed there, with his overspeed, he'd have been miles clear by the braking zone.
Le Clerc even tries to move away from Vettel, you can see his car go from straight to pointing away from Seb at the point of collision!

Logon or register to see this image

On Board - Le Clerc literally sitting waiting for Seb to get past, not defending AT ALL. Seb clearly would have been ahead by the braking point

And another angle.

There's no way this is Le Clercs fault, at all
if you're on the track, you're largely in charge of your own destiny (although albon would disagree)
For fun, I'm even going to disagree with that bit in brackets.

Albon had everything to lose and nothing to gain by defending from Hamilton's lunge down the inside. Some drivers concede the place, some accept the crash (People like KMag and Max).
In Albon's shoes that day, he was mad to not grab the 3rd place with both hands, and I bet he regrets it now. Especially as Lewis would have DRS'd him down the straight anyway, on his fresh tyres.

Last edited:
i don't care enough, hopefully le clerc learns that to score points you have to cross the finish line and if a driver with a rep of crabbing across the straights is alongside him he'll give him more room than others.
He gave him LOADS of room. He even DID try to move away from him as well. :lol:

Thought I’d post this here, rather than the Clive James thread... as a bairn my favourite vhs was 86 season review narrated by Clive James. This video is the second half of the review, but 19m in is piquet v senna at Hungary... still remember him comparing them to Rio taxi drivers...

it might be that they could get latifi out of whatever options williams have over him? being Canadian he's kinda french...
williams confirm latifi for their 2nd race seat in 2020... should be an exciting lineup, hope the car isnt total dogshit...

Last edited:
Thought I’d post this here, rather than the Clive James thread... as a bairn my favourite vhs was 86 season review narrated by Clive James. This video is the second half of the review, but 19m in is piquet v senna at Hungary... still remember him comparing them to Rio taxi drivers...

williams confirm latifi for their 2nd race seat in 2020... should be an exciting lineup, hope the car isnt total dogshit...

I’d love to see Williams competing again. It’s quite sad to see them where they are with their history.

I’d love to see Williams competing again. It’s quite sad to see them where they are with their history.
i'm surprised that they've gone with two young drivers, i suspect merc are paying the russell's seat but i wonder how they're financing the second seat? the bit of the jigsaw missing is a decent chassis...

It will be

It will be
It will be

It will be

Dunno what's happening here, it keeps posting my reply in the wrang bit

Last edited:
What’s people’s opinions of this race? I want to go to another race next year after seeing the Spanish Grand Prix this year.

Hamilton looking comfortable at the minute.

What’s people’s opinions of this race? I want to go to another race next year after seeing the Spanish Grand Prix this year.

Hamilton looking comfortable at the minute.
No idea what this is like to attend, but for me, it's one of the worst races on the calendar along with Bahrain and Singapore, for that reason I wouldn't want to go. The race I always recommend attending is Hungary.

Back