F1 2019

Once it get that bad it's almost impossible to get it all back under control. My fastest ever crash was due to a tank slapper, 84mph on the A19 at Kirklevington. I later found out that my chain adjusters were undone and the rear wheel had pulled out of line.

Fair play to Kubica for even wanting to drive an F1 car again with all that happened.
Even more fair play to all those who played a part in making it happen but he really does need to retire.
Yep. He should absolutely go and drive wherever he wants where someone will have him. He's still a class act, but maybe not quite that top 10 elite anymore.
Nowt to be ashamed of. Hope he enjoys whatever he does next, wether it be testing and sim drive for Haas, or off in some other formular. I'd be looking at FE if I were him, its really taking off imo.
Is it just me, or is Nico Hulkenburg massively overrated?
He's perfectly average, and does a job - but I don't think he's been unlucky to not have done better - I think he's always been a midfielder, and nothing more.
Shame Sainz's engine popped. His battle with Doris has been canny this season.
Seems the reds have their speed back. Interesting.
Max prov pole! Didn't see that coming - honestly thought engine modes would see them off
How can Bottas be half a second off Lewis on such a short lap? Jesus.
Max gets Pole, nice. I think Lewis will be rubbing his hands starting behind him though.

Last edited:
Refresh my memory, is there much of a slipstream opportunity down to the first corner?
Not massively, its a low-medium speed left-right combo, but THEN there is a decent straight. And the Merc vs the Honda could be enough to make that do-able.

Of course, Seb has the Ferrari engine on the front row, so could actually be off in the distance by then. Somewhat depends on how Seb and Lewis get off the line - Max will really struggle to get to Turn 3 in first imo. But if he does, he has a great chance.

Back