F1 2019

So yep, total bollocks, as we all said
Cannot understand why the car changing the brake balance depending where the car is on track, is illegal, but the kers deployment can be controlled by the car, depending on where the car is in the track, and that's totally fine.

Driving unaided is a totally stupid phrase to use these days anyway. These cars simply wouldn't be able to drive out of the pits without driver aids.

Last edited:

Cannot understand why the car changing the brake balance depending where the car is on track, is illegal, but the kers deployment can be controlled by the car, depending on where the car is in the track, and that's totally fine.

Driving unaided is a totally stupid phrase to use these days anyway. These cars simply wouldn't be able to drive out of the pits without driver aids.

I'm only a casual fan of F1 so forgive this post if its bollocks but for the first time I noticed an actual tread on the tyres today watching the practice.

Is this the new TV camera??

I'm only a casual fan of F1 so forgive this post if its bollocks but for the first time I noticed an actual tread on the tyres today watching the practice.

its a new thing. Its clearly come from the F1 games in order to make it easier for the casual fan, but anyone knows understands anything about the tyres will quickly dismiss it.

3 place grid penalty for Max, for ignoring yellows,

If pirelli branding was green, then will have been intermediate tyres. p3 was damp at the start so will probably have used to clear a bit of water

We were totally spoilt with the BBC coverage in the 80s & 90s.

The other channels efforts don't seem so bad in hindsight.

Sky coverage is dreadful as they will try to 'add value' to anything and just ends up with almost perpetual filler.

Unfortunately, it looks like we're stuck with them. 😕

Sky coverage is dreadful as they will try to 'add value' to anything and just ends up with almost perpetual filler.

I enjoy their coverage to be honest. It’s a million times better than channel 4 and the wanker who presents it who confuses shouting with enthusiasm. Can’t f***ing abide it.

Plus Sky have Martin Brundle.

Most of the new graphics are part of the F1 deal and amazon web services. Sky just buy the world feed and broadcast that.
I enjoy their coverage to be honest. It’s a million times better than channel 4 and the wanker who presents it who confuses shouting with enthusiasm. Can’t f***ing abide it.

Plus Sky have Martin Brundle.
Shame Ted isn't around as much this season, some of the pit lane and notebook insight is great.

Last edited:
We were totally spoilt with the BBC coverage in the 80s & 90s
You’re wearing rose tinted glasses...

Sky have their problems for me, but advancing tv viewing isn’t one of them. Cricket is a prime example of what modern tv production is like.

I wonder if the issue is that as they have so many hours to fill, there’s only so much ontrack stuff you can cover - the beeb didn’t have time for anything other than the race and a name check of who got pole on Friday (cause it rained on Saturday so no teams came out pissing Bernie off).

I think its all much of a muchness tbh.
But on Sky, there's just so much more coverage. Possibly too much.

Said before, they should have called it a motorsport channel, not F1.

I think for the money they pay, there’s nothing else on their radar than F1. Something daft like 20% of F1s total income comes from the UK Sky TV deal (if memory/facts serve me correctly).

100% agree on F1 is a waste of a channel. Never bother looking at other than race weekends.

I'm surprised Perez didn't go out on the Hard tyres. I think he had a chance of top6 if a counter strategy worked for him.

Edit: So Riccardo did exactly that. Hards. Only 2s behind Perez.
Boat Arse should be able to get to 2s behind hamilton before the pit stop phase. Meaning all 5 should be in touching distance for the 2nd stint.

But is it 2 stints, or 3?
Stupid as fuck having this brake over heating stuff. Just have the right amount of ducting ffs.

And they've fucked Norris over again. FFS.
Norris has been lapped. Fuck.

Last edited:

Back