F1 2019

BTCC also manipulate results by adding weight to winners for the next races..

Bollocks. Total lack of any knowledge experience once again at work. It shakes things up. Not making it easy for the top drivers to win. Levels the playing field. Why should the top teams run away with it year on year.

F1 could do with doing something similar. Isnt everyone sick of Mercedes winning every title? That's why I brought the BTCC into it for everyone's narrow minded opinion.

Being the richest motorsport doesn't guarantee excitement. F1 would be so much better if it did something to make more teams equal contenders.

Also a BTCC thread would hardly be a good idea. Everyone would ignore it out of spite and because nobody would make any sense. It would all be total bullshit. Nobody has a f***ing clue about it.😂😂

Some new information graphics on coverage, to me anyway, maybe I haven't spotted them before. The tyre condition one is a bit gimmicky, but having mph as well as kph is very useful.

Some new information graphics on coverage, to me anyway, maybe I haven't spotted them before. The tyre condition one is a bit gimmicky, but having mph as well as kph is very useful.
The tyre one seemed like utter guesswork
Ted needs to be able to do his notebook every week, Chandhok just hasn’t got the personality Ted has. I watched it and it was really interesting
Ted's errrr notebook. hmmmm. Must just be me who thinks its a bit crap.

Karun is mega-knowledgable, and adds real insight with facts. So he's not an interesting of a person - so what?

Last edited:
Bollocks. Total lack of any knowledge experience once again at work. It shakes things up. Not making it easy for the top drivers to win. Levels the playing field. Why should the top teams run away with it year on year.

F1 could do with doing something similar. Isnt everyone sick of Mercedes winning every title? That's why I brought the BTCC into it for everyone's narrow minded opinion.

Being the richest motorsport doesn't guarantee excitement. F1 would be so much better if it did something to make more teams equal contenders.

Also a BTCC thread would hardly be a good idea. Everyone would ignore it out of spite and because nobody would make any sense. It would all be total bullshit. Nobody has a f***ing clue about it.😂😂
Of course spite would be the reason some people wouldn't respond to a BTCC thread :lol:

Regardless of how Mercedes have performed, this season has seen some of the most exciting races of recent years. Most fans were saying that the Championships became a secondary thought through the mid summer races because the on track action was of such high quality.

FWIW I actually enjoy the BTCC, but you can't really compare it with F1, because it's a totally different style of racing with a totally different set of rules.

The tyre one seemed like utter guesswork

Ted's errrr notebook. hmmmm. Must just be me who thinks its a bit crap.

Karun is mega-knowledgable, and adds real insight with facts. So he's not an interesting of a person - so what?
Yep, agree with this regarding Karun.

Really like listening to him

Lewis seemed really annoyed with the strategy today and let it show on the radio. The title is almost wrapped up but I really like that will to win, every time.

I couldn’t help think he was rude to Di Resta in the interview after the race though. The lad’s just trying to interview the top 3, give him a decent answer.

People often wonder why he isn’t loved by the British public.Things like this don’t help. Some drivers wouldn’t surprise me but he loves to be loved.

There's bad blood between them. Di Resta brought legal action against Lewis's father relating to when he was his agent / manager.

Di Resta is not exactly popular in the paddock generally, either, over behaviour exhibited during his F1 career. He acknowledged as much when he returned for one race, talking of the mixed reception he had.

Lewis seemed really annoyed with the strategy today and let it show on the radio. The title is almost wrapped up but I really like that will to win, every time.

I couldn’t help think he was rude to Di Resta in the interview after the race though. The lad’s just trying to interview the top 3, give him a decent answer.

People often wonder why he isn’t loved by the British public.Things like this don’t help. Some drivers wouldn’t surprise me but he loves to be loved.

Such an attitude may not endear him to the public but such an attitude is exactly why he is 6 times world champion now (almost!). He is incredible when he switches everything on and think any F1 fan can’t fail to respect him.

Such an attitude may not endear him to the public but such an attitude is exactly why he is 6 times world champion now (almost!). He is incredible when he switches everything on and think any F1 fan can’t fail to respect him.
I think there was also an immediate post race frustration that the strategy call to bring him in for the 2nd stop cost him a chance at victory and was done purely to make sure Bottas had another win under his belt. The tyre life he had left on the mediums and relative pace meant the worst result would have been 2nd place.

I think there was also an immediate post race frustration that the strategy call to bring him in for the 2nd stop cost him a chance at victory and was done purely to make sure Bottas had another win under his belt. The tyre life he had left on the mediums and relative pace meant the worst result would have been 2nd place.

Undoubtedly. Said at the time it was a decision to pit made based entirely on avoiding two cars coming together on track. Don’t see why they’d run long in the first stint if they were ever planning to 2 stop

Agreed.

Typical Sky 'value add' bollocks.

I hate their coverage of F1 and the amount of utter crap you are expected to watch to get to that one decent point is ridiculous.

The highlights on 4 are far superior

It’s nothing to do with Sky, it’s part of the production that Sky purchase from Formula 1 then broadcast.

Formula One signed a deal with Amazon to use their software so that comes as part of the production.

Back