F1 2019

apparently its gonna be a wet race weekend, some little storm of something.

which made me think, when was the last time they raced in a full wet race? full wets for the full 2 hours?

apparently its gonna be a wet race weekend, some little storm of something.

which made me think, when was the last time they raced in a full wet race? full wets for the full 2 hours?
Not sure, but I seem to recall full wet races tend to be not as much fun as "variable" wet races.

Not sure, but I seem to recall full wet races tend to be not as much fun as "variable" wet races.
it was more i saw a picture of the fuji 76 race, a full wet race - but the photo made me think they'd never start it today... i'm not saying its safety gone mad, but i just wondered if they'd still race a full wet one these days?
Still a lot to be confirmed to see if it’s going ahead
going off the rugby it seems as if saturday is the worst of the weekends forecasted days.

it was more i saw a picture of the fuji 76 race, a full wet race - but the photo made me think they'd never start it today... i'm not saying its safety gone mad, but i just wondered if they'd still race a full wet one these days?

going off the rugby it seems as if saturday is the worst of the weekends forecasted days.
If its soaking AND windy, they've probably got no choice tbh

Logon or register to see this image

lifted from the beebs rugby article...

If its soaking AND windy, they've probably got no choice tbh

yeah i wouldnt argue against it, just seeing photos from 76 or 94 it made me think that in the last few seasons i don't recall a true wet\wet race... even when i think back to something like Hamiltons amazing silverstone victory in heavy rain it was still 11 years ago...

Monaco 2008 was a bit wet too. Got absolutely soaked. Ended up watching the last dozen or so laps in a bar.
I was trying to remember which year that was. I remember listening to it as I was driving from North Devon to Plymouth also in lashing rain. Didn't it finish a couple of laps early as the 2 hours had elapsed before the race could finish due to the stops and general slow pace because of the rain?

I was trying to remember which year that was. I remember listening to it as I was driving from North Devon to Plymouth also in lashing rain. Didn't it finish a couple of laps early as the 2 hours had elapsed before the race could finish due to the stops and general slow pace because of the rain?

Can't remember exactly mate. There was no sound on the TV and the graphics were too far away to make out.

I do remember as soon as the race finished the sky cleared and the sun started cracking the pavements. My mate and myself went and sat outside. A couple of minutes later this couple came over and asked if the seats next to us were taken. They weren't so they sat down and we started talking. They were from Sunderland. About 30 minutes later there's two lads standing at the end watching & listening to us. Eventually one of them comes over and asks us where we're from. Pleasantries are exchanged and they joined our group. They were from North Shields. A bit later I went to get some beers and when I came out there was another couple who'd joined our group. They were from Darlington. Cannot get away from the NE no matter where I go!

Not the first time they've had to do this. Makes qualifying a bit more risky as less time to fix any potential crash damage.
I don't understand, how Japan, is allowed, to host a rugby union world cup, tournament, and an F1 grand prix, in what is typically, their, "Typhoon season" (Summer, and early October)

Back