F1 2019

Odd, there was loads of overtaking today, but still a totally shit race.

Sometimes it happens, nobodies fault.

Stewards took far too long to trigger sc numerous times today. Drivers at risk with only yellow flags. It's really not on.

Press the vsc button while you decide, don't just wait and see.

It should be interesting to see how Mercedes react to this.

The huge straight line speed advantage of the Ferrari cannot be allowed to continue through to next season as their aero package has clearly improved too.

Mercedes may have to throw the kitchen sink at it which is something they probably weren't expecting to have to do.

It should be interesting to see how Mercedes react to this.

The huge straight line speed advantage of the Ferrari cannot be allowed to continue through to next season as their aero package has clearly improved too.

Mercedes may have to throw the kitchen sink at it which is something they probably weren't expecting to have to do.
Don't think it's a new thing for Ferrari to be challenging. Their problem is rarely the car; almost always a driver or strategy error that will cost them a couple of places in races they should be winning. Even yesterday they didn't spot that the undercut was massively on with the slow laps they were putting in (though tbf no-one did).

Just looking at the start of last season, Ferrari had credible chances of winning the first 10 races, but ballsed up their strategy in the main; the car was fine. Then second half of the season Vettel had a bit of a mental block; again the car was fine.

The difference this season is Leclerc; he's showing what the car can really do again.

Don't think it's a new thing for Ferrari to be challenging. Their problem is rarely the car; almost always a driver or strategy error that will cost them a couple of places in races they should be winning. Even yesterday they didn't spot that the undercut was massively on with the slow laps they were putting in (though tbf no-one did).

Just looking at the start of last season, Ferrari had credible chances of winning the first 10 races, but ballsed up their strategy in the main; the car was fine. Then second half of the season Vettel had a bit of a mental block; again the car was fine.

The difference this season is Leclerc; he's showing what the car can really do again.

Ferrari were massively behind the curve at the start of this season.

They'd changed the team pricipal, Vettel was out of sorts and the aero was all over the place such that they did their tyres in very quickly.

They've finally got at least two of those sorted and even the third looks to be in better sorts.

If they can maintain this trend they'll be ahead of Mercedes for the rest of the season which gives them valuable momentum going into next.

Ferrari were massively behind the curve at the start of this season.

They'd changed the team pricipal, Vettel was out of sorts and the aero was all over the place such that they did their tyres in very quickly.

They've finally got at least two of those sorted and even the third looks to be in better sorts.

If they can maintain this trend they'll be ahead of Mercedes for the rest of the season which gives them valuable momentum going into next.
Totally agree. My point was just that they were already showing signs of surpassing Mercedes last season.

The team changes this season were to address the fact that they underachieved in 2018.

They did totally balls up the aero in the first half of this season mind. But the fact that they've basically had a complete redesign mid-season and it's worked, shows how well they're functioning atm.

It makes me wonder if Mercedes are already investing more in the 2021 rule change car, as they know there's little improvement to be had on their current package. Almost allowing the mid to front teams to catch them up.

It makes me wonder if Mercedes are already investing more in the 2021 rule change car, as they know there's little improvement to be had on their current package. Almost allowing the mid to front teams to catch them up.
this is what i was thinking... the championship is won, all they have to do now is tail behind the ferrari till abu dhabi. no need to develop this years car, concentrate on 2020/2021 now.

RK saying he still wants a drive for next year but where? Maybe he is holding out and crossing his fingers that Vettel retires and that triggers Danny Ric's clause to allow him to go to Ferrari and he picks that seat up.
There is no way that Vettel is going to retire without another crack at the drivers championship (even though I think that passed last season). Can't imagine Danny Ric wanting to go to be the number 2 at Ferrari.

I'd bare my arse in Debenham's window if that did happen

Say what you like about Russia, that anthem is amazing!

Predicting Hamilton slipstream and lead by first corner, Ferrari soft tyres to fade, easy victory.

Ferrari wanting to swap drivers already ffs

Let them race
Vettel absolutely taking the piss by ignoring the team strategy here. There will come a time when Leclerc stops giving Vettel anything and it'll end up costing Ferrari points.

I don't agree with them swapping them so early, but the drivers should be following the team's instructions.

Ferrari wanting to swap drivers already ffs

Let them race

It’s a f***ing shambles. Fair enough swap them later on but not when Vettel is 2 seconds ahead of Leclerc. Hamilton is catching Leclerc as well.
Vettel absolutely taking the piss by ignoring the team strategy here. There will come a time when Leclerc stops giving Vettel anything and it'll end up costing Ferrari points.

I don't agree with them swapping them so early, but the drivers should be following the team's instructions.

i don’t see how he could - Hamilton is only 1.6 seconds behind Leclerc and catching him up. Vettel is pulling away from them both. All that would have happened is that Leclerc would be leading but Vettel and Hamilton would be all over him.

Last edited:
It’s a f***ing shambles. Fair enough swap them later on but not when Vettel is 2 seconds ahead of Leclerc. Hamilton is catching Leclerc as well.

i don’t see how he could - Hamilton is only 1.6 seconds behind Leclerc and catching him up. Vettel is pulling away from them both. All that would have happened is that Leclerc would be leading but Vettel and Hamilton would be all over him.
I agree that Ferrari were trying to do it too early, but once the decision is made, the drivers need to go with it. When the call first came over the radio, they had the gap to make it work.

Back