F1 2019

brilliant from Verstappen but under investigation. nothing wrong with it for me but wouldn't be surprised to see him get shafted

Brilliant race. Loved that

I do expect max will get a 5sec pen though , he forced the other car off the road.
I worry that will be the case as well. It's that fine line between close racing and being fair. Max did force Leclerc off the track, but as part of a wheel to wheel battle, surely they have to let it go,but this is the Ferrari International Assistance making the decision.

Damon says he was, but I'm not convinced. He was behind on that line just before the corner.

Still, you can't force another car off the track, can you?

I'm 70/30, I don't mind either way though
I hope they don't change the result, F1 has become far to predictable and sterile in the last few years.

I agree. It was racing and when racing you get incidents. If that is a penalty they might as well just do time trials instead of a race

Brundle’s face there when the Ferrari boss tried to say the only overtakes that should be allowed are ones done by DRS said it all for me.

What the fucks taking them so long.

Waiting for the Dutch fans to leave so when they give Max a penalty there isn’t a riot.

Brundle’s face there when the Ferrari boss tried to say the only overtakes that should be allowed are ones done by DRS said it all for me.

Waiting for the Dutch fans to leave so when they give Max a penalty there isn’t a riot.
In fairness to the Ferrari boss, he did say that racing like that should be allowed, just that it currently isn't and that while the rules are the way they are, it should receive a penalty. I don't agree with him, but it's a fair enough position.

Exactly what I'm thinking too.

Hopefully they are having a good chat about what the rules really mean. For all I think its probably a penalty, I don't think I want it to be that way.

I worry that will be the case as well. It's that fine line between close racing and being fair. Max did force Leclerc off the track, but as part of a wheel to wheel battle, surely they have to let it go,but this is the Ferrari International Assistance making the decision.

Deserves a penalty for me ! The lap before proves why it does, in the overtake move he ran him off the road to prevent being able to get the same run down to turn 4 n battle for the lead ! Hard racing would have been banging wheels with both cars still on the track

He is in front and has the inside line.

Slightly in front but that doesn’t give him the right to force the other car off the road though does it ?

Last edited:

Back