F1 2019

I enjoyed the schoolchildren murdering the French national anthem before the race more than anything else during it. May as well have watched Testos roundabout as it would've been more entertaining. And in the case of Williams the cars would be quicker too.

Called it!

French GP: Daniel Ricciardo given two time penalties and loses points

One 5s pen for each of them. Quite right too.

Danny Ric isn't happy mind
Daniel Ricciardo on Twitter

Loads of people complaining about it. But he went miles off the track and overtook people. Twice.
And fucked Norris over too.

Am I the only one who agrees with the rules of F1? Does everyone else just want a mad max, no rules, demolition derby?

I don’t think there’s much wrong with the rules. Maybe could have shown some slack for the first incident but for the overtake on Kimi he’s clearly ran off the track for a substantial period of time to gain a grip advantage that you get off track on the blue strips. They are performance and wear strips for the testing that goes on at the circuit, so you will gain an advantage running into them. Same with last time, Vettel deliberately swung over to block off Lewis, and he’s entitled to a car length which he wasn’t given, so another nailed on penalty for me

That's been the case for a while, but there was nowt interesting going on through the entire field today. Until Dorris' car went all shite, which ended up being the most interesting part of the whole race.

That’s the problem with qualifying though - you line the cars up in pace order, so if nothing goes against the plan in quali then there shouldn’t be much of a change of position for the race. If the other teams could make a competitive car then we’d see better races, it isn’t Mercedes fault they are better than the others and it ain’t the sports fault. Much the same as Bayern, Celtic, Juventus aren’t what’s wrong with their respective football leagues

Last edited:
Only a couple of years since they finished third in the constructors isn’t it?

Can’t understand how they’ve dropped away so badly and so quickly.
They fired half their experienced factory staff about 18 months ago in some sort of dispute and surprise surprise the people they replaced them with weren't as good.

Also they employed Lance Stroll, or rather Lawrence Stroll employed them

i'd second this...

There are a couple of great articles kicking around about the high rake concept.

As an engineer with an interest in aerodynamics I find it fascinating.

The fact that Hamilton was advising us that the current low rake Merc was fast but seemed more difficult to drive is really interesting

Next years cars will already be on a drawing board somewhere so it'll be worth noting who starts next season with high rake.

P2

Max bins it and smashed his rear end to pieces
then 5 mins later, Bottas get overstear and goes flying into the wall head on.

As if Lewis didn't need the help :lol:

And now Seb is having a go at it too :lol: So lucky he didn't go backwards into that wall

Last edited:
Missed this, in the garden with the family for once

Will catch up later, unless I end up in hospital, which seems likely

Lewis is handed a 3 place grid penalty for blocking Kimi Räikkönen in Q1 and will start from P5.

Can see why the stewards have given that with the strict rules being applied at the moment, but it did look as though he did everything he could to get out of the way.

Lewis is handed a 3 place grid penalty for blocking Kimi Räikkönen in Q1 and will start from P5.

Can see why the stewards have given that with the strict rules being applied at the moment, but it did look as though he did everything he could to get out of the way.
He did but still blocked him so yeah penalty is fine plus’s should shut some of the Ferrari dickheads up

Back