F1 2019

Renault reveal their new car.

Logon or register to see this image

Is it just this photo, of does it have a very "Red Bull" rake to the car this year?

The new cars look smart I have to say. The removal of the aero bits has given them a really clean look.
looks really clean around the front wing, front suspension & barge boards - wonder if it'll make any difference in whether the cars can follow each other through corners mind...

Last edited:

Is it just this photo, of does it have a very "Red Bull" rake to the car this year?

looks really clean around the front wing, front suspension & barge boards - wonder if it'll make any difference in whether the cars can follow each other through corners mind...
Be interesting to compare when Red Bull launch theirs. Actually, is there a similar shot of the TR?

Think loads of mid teams will go that route as it offers better cornering for battling in the midfield.

i suspect these two initiatives are not wholly unrelated - potential title sponsor for mclaren when they unveil their new motor...

it came as quite a surprise to me who was behind mission winnow, i never paid attention to it at the time and only posted about it when the ducati team unveiled their 2019 livery with it on their bikes...
Literal pair of cunts

Can graphic here of the toro rosso - slide view of this year & last year...

Slide view: Compare the Toro Rosso STR14 versus 2018 car

lot cleaner round the front, barge boards & brakes... can now see how the front wing is bigger & simpler... some weird sticky out bits down the middle and it looks like there's a lot going on around the air intake now... are they running the bigger rims on the tyres this year too, or is that 2021 thing still?

be interesting to see how George Russell does against him... not sure if he's still got it, or if the williams car will have it - but in F2 last year the lad looked like a future world champion so hopefully the drives will have a competitive year.
I think Russell will destroy old Captain Hook, I'm afraid. Watching him having to let go of the steering wheel in testing was very awkward, and racing will expose any lack of dexterity.

Back