F1 2019

Looks good to me.

Doesn't seem to different from the previous year's effort at first glance. I'm sure the devil is in the detail.

Looks good to me.

Doesn't seem to different from the previous year's effort at first glance. I'm sure the devil is in the detail.

It is the same! It was last year's car with the new livery on. None of the teams actually reveal the new car until testing where they'll try to hide the new bits with camouflaging paintwork and often don't use the new livery.

It is the same! It was last year's car with the new livery on. None of the teams actually reveal the new car until testing where they'll try to hide the new bits with camouflaging paintwork and often don't use the new livery.
Thanks for correcting my lack of knowledge. I didn't know this.

Did anyone watch the McLaren documentary on Amazon Prime? They barely had the "new car" by the time testing came around.

The one they put out in the "launch day" was a mule.

On a slight tangent I've just watched the latest episode of the Grand Tour which features a segment about Jim Clark. I knew he'd won the F1 championship but I didn't have a clue about his other achievements. Amazing driver. Possibly the best episode they've done so far on GT.

This 100% new car not been finished yet

I like that Williams livery.
who are rokit?

Logon or register to see this image

More on Toro Rosso
is there any difference between this car, and the last?

Logon or register to see this image

meant to ask this last week, but the car they used for the launch at the RAC Club, was it the 2018 car - or the 19 car with 18 wings? Only seemed to be billed as a livery launch at the time...

Last edited:
Can graphic here of the toro rosso - slide view of this year & last year...

Slide view: Compare the Toro Rosso STR14 versus 2018 car

lot cleaner round the front, barge boards & brakes... can now see how the front wing is bigger & simpler... some weird sticky out bits down the middle and it looks like there's a lot going on around the air intake now... are they running the bigger rims on the tyres this year too, or is that 2021 thing still?

I lost interest last year however I will be following it this year if only for Robert Kubica. Well done lad
be interesting to see how George Russell does against him... not sure if he's still got it, or if the williams car will have it - but in F2 last year the lad looked like a future world champion so hopefully the drives will have a competitive year.

Last edited:

Back