F1 2019

shouldn't really be considered a close competition now, Schumacher basically had the whole sport geared and set up towards him winning for most of title wins

‘94 - illegal move to won in Adelaide in a car that its basically admitted was still using driver aids and cheated to win

‘97 more illiegal driving in Jerez this time disnt win

his Ferrari titles win were in a sport that helped him a hell of a lot no surprise his then boss is now the big boss !

Lewis for me wins in racecraft, speed over onelap and races, tyre management, passing and defending and he’s dragged performances out of a car more than what Schumacher did ( Barcelona 96 the main one )

Reliability cost Lewis in 2016 and his and the teams brain fart cost them in ‘07

Schumacher committed a few shameful 'win at all costs' acts during his period of dominance.

Anyone remember him spinning and deliberately blocking the circuit at Monaco ?

It tarnishes his reputation in my view but not as badly as his return to F1 which he should have resisted.

He didn't need the money so it must have been ego but was then comprehensively shown up by a younger man

Schumacher committed a few shameful 'win at all costs' acts during his period of dominance.
Anyone remember him spinning and deliberately blocking the circuit at Monaco ?
It tarnishes his reputation in my view but not as badly as his return to F1 which he should have resisted.
He didn't need the money so it must have been ego but was then comprehensively shown up by a younger man

Should have stuck to F1 rather than Skiing tbh ;)

I think we have a candidate for worst national anthem singing ever, here.
Only just watched this. I can't believe they let him get away with murdering it like that. He'd get booed out of the dump if he tried singing God Save The Queen like that at Silverstone.

And he looked like Mr Tumble

Only just watched this. I can't believe they let him get away with murdering it like that. He'd get booed out of the dump if he tried singing God Save The Queen like that at Silverstone.

And he looked like Mr Tumble
It seems to be a national hobby for Americans to try and butcher their anthem, the number of warblers who add in countless extra (out of tune) notes is ridiculous. What's wrong with a backing track/orchestra and someone just singing it as it was written?

Its really strange he isn't already. On the other hand, some other people got them far too quickly.

And on the other, other hand, they're f***ing stupid anyway

I'd say the general perception across the world is that Schumi was the most successful driver of all time, and that Senna was "the best driver" ever.

To take MS's spot, he needs to take the record for titles away from him. To take Senna's mantel, pfff, no idea if that's even possible in most peoples' eyes.

Personally, I think he's very close to the best ever all round - not sure who I'd say is top 3 out of those 3, but I'd put him above MS already. MS cheated his way to at least one title and should have been stripped (in today's F1, he definitely would have had points deducted for that move on Hill)
Senna, good as he was, went out in a spectacular crash which meant he never really had a decline like most of the rest. Hamilton will never surpass Senna unless he goes out in a fireball, sad as it is to say, as that’s the marker many use.

For me Lewis is very, very close to being up there at the very top.

By being out in front by miles by the end of Lap 1? Yeah, right.

Anyone new to F1 I say F1 is the most exciting motorsport out there. Providing you see the first lap only.
You've not watched much F1 this year then.

The championship has ended up as a bit of a foregone conclusion, but the races this year have been up there with the most exciting for many years.

Back