F1 2019

Agreed.

Typical Sky 'value add' bollocks.

I hate their coverage of F1 and the amount of utter crap you are expected to watch to get to that one decent point is ridiculous.

The highlights on 4 are far superior

Miss the days of BBC, just an hour of punditry before and after the qualifying session or race, none of these time filling awful features sky put on with Anthony Davidson driving a family car around Silverstone with an f1 driver in the passenger seat just as a means to load the whole weekend with ads.

Whole sky package is over bloated anyway, they have about 12-15 analysts and for me Brundle is the only one worth taking notice of.

Miss the days of BBC, just an hour of punditry before and after the qualifying session or race, none of these time filling awful features sky put on with Anthony Davidson driving a family car around Silverstone with an f1 driver in the passenger seat just as a means to load the whole weekend with ads.

Whole sky package is over bloated anyway, they have about 12-15 analysts and for me Brundle is the only one worth taking notice of.
Was always going to be the problem with the Sky F1 channel.
Stupid idea imo

You can think Sky is OTT if you want but the BBC coverage with Murray Clueless Walker was dire, by modern standards, whereas Sky's commentary is detailed and insightful IMHO. Walker's senile commentary makes older races almost unwatchable

You can think Sky is OTT if you want but the BBC coverage with Murray Clueless Walker was dire, by modern standards, whereas Sky's commentary is detailed and insightful IMHO. Walker's senile commentary makes older races almost unwatchable
Watched one the other day, and Brundle was having to basically slap him down to shut him up as he was talking crap.

Shame, because I have fond memories of Walker.

I was referring to the few years BBC had it between ITV and Sky with Humphries, Coulthard, Brundle and Jordan.

Murray was great, shame on you.

Another Grand Prix in the US from 2021?

Formula 1 reveals plan to stage Miami race at Dolphins stadium

Is the interest there?

Fans will always go to see the races, and this would be a great location. That said Hollywood is about half an hour north of Miami as the crow flies, so its a bit of a drag to get to. Fortunately though I have family in the area so it wouldn't be a bother for me. Hoping this one gets further than the NY/NJ one did a few years back.

Fans will always go to see the races, and this would be a great location. That said Hollywood is about half an hour north of Miami as the crow flies, so its a bit of a drag to get to. Fortunately though I have family in the area so it wouldn't be a bother for me. Hoping this one gets further than the NY/NJ one did a few years back.
Hollywood? It’s in LA isn’t it?

Americans aren't too original with their place names. If they like it they keep using it. Especially if its a town named after a founding father. I have 3 Washingtons and 2 Jeffersons within 20 miles of me.

Didn't Matt Groening choose to call the town in The Simpsons Springfield because of this? There's 30+ Springfields in the US in 20+ states.

something about this track makes me think it'll be like abu dhabi, and have all the same on-track action.

Logon or register to see this image

its basically an advert for the miami dolphins...
If they are going for the massive straight with a tight hairpin at the end, they have to make the exit really wide to allow multiple lines, like Spa used to be, to allow some overtaking.

Back