F1 2019

Just pointing out the obvious.

Seb joined in a way that a week ago ended a racer's life. Charles forces Lewis off, yellow card, then misses a corner, no investigation.

Same situations on any driver, there should be some punishment, not just a warning, or 10 second stop/go.

The authorities' bias towards Ferrari is a well-known feature of F1. Spoils it a bit imho.

So you want more penalties? Ffs the sport can't win, fans want more wheel to wheel racing then when the driver they support comes off second best they want penalties handed out..
Well Mercedes only have next season with that car configuration so the near future doesn't have that long.

Consistency consistency consistency.

Hamilton was all over him in a car that was clearly slower on the straight but still did enough to pass but was shoved off the track.

He then pressured LeClerc into a mistake only for LeClerc to rejoin still in the lead.

As if that wasn't enough LeClerc had him off the circuit again in even wilder style.

There are rules for this sort of carry on but they weren't enforced. LeClerc was out of order and only got away cos the home crowd lapped it up.

Next time someone breaks the rules at 150+mph we may see pieces of car flying through the air with the potential for mutiple spectator fatalities.

Hamilton was all over him in a car that was clearly slower on the straight but still did enough to pass but was shoved off the track.

He then pressured LeClerc into a mistake only for LeClerc to rejoin still in the lead.

As if that wasn't enough LeClerc had him off the circuit again in even wilder style.

There are rules for this sort of carry on but they weren't enforced. LeClerc was out of order and only got away cos the home crowd lapped it up.

Next time someone breaks the rules at 150+mph we may see pieces of car flying through the air with the potential for mutiple spectator fatalities.
Pretty sure Lewis only went off the track once due to Leclerc's defence. When was the second??? Rule were up held, he was given the black and white flag. The drivers and teams wanted the flag reintroduced.. The race steward explains the decision on sky with ant at the sky pad.

I thought the punishment was a little lenient but maybe that’s what the sport needs. Hamilton wasn’t damaged in any way so maybe the punishment would have been more than a warning if he was.

I actually thought the move that was worst was when Leclerc moved left in Curva Grande when he rejoined after cutting the 1st chicane

Pretty sure Lewis only went off the track once due to Leclerc's defence. When was the second??? Rule were up held, he was given the black and white flag. The drivers and teams wanted the flag reintroduced.. The race steward explains the decision on sky with ant at the sky pad.

Hamilton was forced right on the entry of the corner which resulted in the black and white flag. This was the most controversial move and the decision by the stewards smacks of cowardice in front of the, admittedly rampant, Italian crowd.

The other one for LeClerc was on the exit of one of the flat out corners after he'd been off across the chicane and was a bit naughty.

LeClerc said he'd changed his outlook and approach after Verstappen got the better of him and its this that I think has the potential to result in a bad one.

Hamilton, Verstappen and possibly others are not going to let him push them around...

Hamilton was forced right on the entry of the corner which resulted in the black and white flag. This was the most controversial move and the decision by the stewards smacks of cowardice in front of the, admittedly rampant, Italian crowd.

The other one for LeClerc was on the exit of one of the flat out corners after he'd been off across the chicane and was a bit naughty.

LeClerc said he'd changed his outlook and approach after Verstappen got the better of him and its this that I think has the potential to result in a bad one.

Hamilton, Verstappen and possibly others are not going to let him push them around...
I know what happened as I watched it live then again on channel 4. Leclerc got bullied by max earlier in the season. You need a killer instinct to be the best, all the greats had even Lewis had it at the start..

Agree with everything you said. I dont want to see penalties at all but what we now have is a situation whereby the next time a driver forces another off the track by not leaving a cars width the stewards cant enforce any punishment. Likewise with the moving in the braking zones and also leaving the track and gaining an advantage. Its only a matter of time before it happens again and if the stewards are consistent, they shouldnt take any action but we know they will especially if its one of the drivers from the lesser teams.

One other issue i had was when i saw the interview with michael masi after the race, he said of the incident where hamilton was forced off track that the black and white flag was given for unsportsmanlike driving only but if there had been contact then then the penalty would have been more severe. The problem i see with that is the only reason there was no contact was a driver had to take evasive action but do we really need to to see contact and a car hurtling into a concrete wall at 150mph before we deem it nessacery of a penalty?

Agree with everything you said. I dont want to see penalties at all but what we now have is a situation whereby the next time a driver forces another off the track by not leaving a cars width the stewards cant enforce any punishment. Likewise with the moving in the braking zones and also leaving the track and gaining an advantage. Its only a matter of time before it happens again and if the stewards are consistent, they shouldnt take any action but we know they will especially if its one of the drivers from the lesser teams.

One other issue i had was when i saw the interview with michael masi after the race, he said of the incident where hamilton was forced off track that the black and white flag was given for unsportsmanlike driving only but if there had been contact then then the penalty would have been more severe. The problem i see with that is the only reason there was no contact was a driver had to take evasive action but do we really need to to see contact and a car hurtling into a concrete wall at 150mph before we deem it nessacery of a penalty?
Exactly, the punishment shouldn't depend on the outcome. If Hamilton wasn't fighting for the championship, he might not have yeilded, and the 2 of them would have gone flying off the track.

Haas confirm they're keeping Grosjean & K-Mag alongside each other for next season... with Audi looking to take Kubica to the DTM does that leave the Hulk with Williams as his only likely seat for a drive? on peanuts you'd assume???

Haas confirm they're keeping Grosjean & K-Mag alongside each other for next season... with Audi looking to take Kubica to the DTM does that leave the Hulk with Williams as his only likely seat for a drive? on peanuts you'd assume???
Shocked they'd want to keep Gros and Kmag mind, they keep hitting eachother!
Must be better options for them.

Shocked they'd want to keep Gros and Kmag mind, they keep hitting eachother!
Must be better options for them.
my memory maybe wrong, but i was under the impression that k-mag was already signed for next season and it was more who they put alongside him... perhaps the suck my balls stuff between k-mag & hulk made haas reckon that grosjean was less likely to cause team problems?

Williams have confirmed Kubica is leaving at the end of the season, no great surprise there mind... shame that his swansong has been like this...

Last edited:
Williams have confirmed Kubica is leaving at the end of the season, no great surprise there mind... shame that his swansong has been like this...
You wonder if it would have been different in a better car, but we'll never know. It certainly helped Russel to look good though!

Back