F1 2019

Does Clarkson have a point?

(One or two f-bombs are dropped )

I like Clarkson but he's talking shite here....I'd rather not see dangerous driving, it's dangerous enough...
in all sports, there's always dominance by someone, McLaren, Williams, Ferrari, Redbull, Mercedes had all been there at some point....history dictates that at some point someone will catch up...Hamilton, Vettel etc will retire at some point, another youngster will come through, drive the arse off some car and it'll all change again....new designers, new regs.....
he needs to eat a salad too....

Not related to the Clarkson buffoon but...

I watched the last 15 laps or so of last years German GP again cos it was on.

When Vettel puts it into the wall there are thousands of Dutch cheering right in his face. He thumps the steering wheel, bursts into tears and then has to walk back to the team building surrounded by cameras.

The psychological trauma must have been awful for him and he's never recovered.

My point is; Ferrari were on the up and this was their turning point.

Vettel couldn't do anything right. The team started making really strange decsions. Arrivabene was sacked. New bloke is no better. Car has gone backwards. Drivers still inconsistent / sh*te.

Not related to the Clarkson buffoon but...

I watched the last 15 laps or so of last years German GP again cos it was on.

When Vettel puts it into the wall there are thousands of Dutch cheering right in his face. He thumps the steering wheel, bursts into tears and then has to walk back to the team building surrounded by cameras.

The psychological trauma must have been awful for him and he's never recovered.

My point is; Ferrari were on the up and this was their turning point.

Vettel couldn't do anything right. The team started making really strange decsions. Arrivabene was sacked. New bloke is no better. Car has gone backwards. Drivers still inconsistent / sh*te.

Funnily enough I watched the 2000 German GP which was on last night (the one where the French geezer gets on track) what a race that was, particularly from Barrichello and the Orange Arrows. Nice seeing only one pit garage per team and re-fuelling, seems like a lifetime ago now.

I was listening to the Gerhard Berger episode of the Beyond The Grid podcasts this week. It’s from last year so not current. Anyway, he was saying that Ferarri taking Leclerc was a bad move and that Raikkonen had been one of the major reasons why the car had progressed so much in recent years. His development knowledge was behind a lot of the success.

Full Wet Race.
Gerrin!

Hopefully start to dry out by half way too, to make it even more interesting.
So they're going to run the SC round a few times to clear the rivers?

Cue everyone on inters then. Stupid.

Last edited:

Back