F1 2019

Apparently the rumours about the Williams car is that it’s 2 seconds a lap down on last years car. It was the slowest last year, so it must be awful this year

Apparently the rumours about the Williams car is that it’s 2 seconds a lap down on last years car. It was the slowest last year, so it must be awful this year
I guess they haven't been able to recoup the front wing losses? And that's why they're late?
tbh, keep working and scrap testing.

They know the engine is fine, so nowt to test there (plus others are doing it anyway). Just get the car ready, if if they basically miss the first race! Its a long season these days

Ferrari are fairly smug atm. By all accounts they're car is faster than they had it on the simulations.

Here's hoping the Mercs chuck the sandbags out today and give people something to talk about.

Live updated for Day 2 of testing here --> Live: F1 Testing Coverage (Test 1 - Day 2) - FormulaSpy.com

Anyone know what time Sky's live coverage starts?
Prefer the Autosport one for the pure sarcasm of the text commentary :D
Barcelona F1 test day two - Formula 1 Testing 2019 - Autosport Live updates

Last edited:
Ferrari are fairly smug atm. By all accounts they're car is faster than they had it on the simulations.
Here's hoping the Mercs chuck the sandbags out today and give people something to talk about
It'd be great to see 2 almost perfectly equal cars battling it out.

Might stick £10 on Leclerc winning the title ;)

Prefer the Autosport one for the pure sarcasm of the text commentary :D
Barcelona F1 test day two - Formula 1 Testing 2019 - Autosport Live updates
The one I posted was the only one I could get to work from the office. But Im wfh today, so I'll give both a try :)

Last edited:
What's the crack with a common gearbox? Sounds like a stupid idea to me.
Its one of the vital parts of the car.

I'm hoping that the Alfa Romea turns out to be a world beater too, as they seem to be the only team to have gone a bit different on the front wing (it'll probably turn out that it's crap, but here's hoping).
It is good when someone tries something different, and it isn't a Ferrari. (yes I know.)

Will you see it on the circuit though:cool:
Good question.

What's the crack with a common gearbox? Sounds like a stupid idea to me.
Its one of the vital parts of the car.
2021 rules are all about closer driving (better racing) and cost saving for the shitter teams. If they don't need to develop a gearbox, then it's a bonus for them.

The tender, published on Monday reads, "The aim of single source supply is to retain current levels of F1 gear change performance for all cars at a much reduced cost to the competitors while also removing the requirement for teams to design or source their own gearboxes.

"The unit can be carried over between seasons so removing the need for costly continual performance development.

"In order to retain competitor's own freedoms for suspension and for the gearbox aero surfaces, the outer housing will remain team specific (designed and produced by the competitor) with the common, self-contained gearbox cassette mounted inside."

Last edited:
From Autosport:

08:53 Lap count so far today:
Giovinazzi 14
Gasly 13
Hamilton 8
Ricciardo 7
Leclerc 5
Norris 4
Stroll 2
Albon four corners
Magnussen 0
Williams (Grove)
That is the kind of reporting you don't see much of, and is sadly missed.

Back