F1 2019

Discussion in 'SMB' started by The Lambton Worm, Feb 8, 2019.

1. ebb

ebb Midfield

That's better

2. Pacific

Pacific Striker

brilliant from Verstappen but under investigation. nothing wrong with it for me but wouldn't be surprised to see him get shafted

3. PTR

PTR Striker

Brilliant race. Loved that

I do expect max will get a 5sec pen though , he forced the other car off the road.

Toronado likes this.
  4. ebb

ebb Midfield

Should never be a penalty it was racing

5. I worry that will be the case as well. It's that fine line between close racing and being fair. Max did force Leclerc off the track, but as part of a wheel to wheel battle, surely they have to let it go,but this is the Ferrari International Assistance making the decision.

6. PTR

PTR Striker

Max turned in very late too. Similar to rosberg on Lewis that time.

A partridge in a pear tree

Toronado likes this.
  7. Gingga

Gingga Winger

If they give a penalty for that then we may aswell just give up racing.

8. PTR

PTR Striker

Well, they have to abide by the rules.

By all means change the rules, but you can't do that right now

9. Gingga

Gingga Winger

He is in front and has the inside line.

royaldragon likes this.
  10. PTR

PTR Striker

Damon says he was, but I'm not convinced. He was behind on that line just before the corner.

Still, you can't force another car off the track, can you?

I'm 70/30, I don't mind either way though

Toronado likes this.
  11. West_Winger

West_Winger Winger

If that’s a penalty then it’s s travesty.

I won’t waste my time and money on watching in future.

12. Gingga

Gingga Winger

I hope they don't change the result, F1 has become far to predictable and sterile in the last few years.

13. ebb

ebb Midfield

I agree. It was racing and when racing you get incidents. If that is a penalty they might as well just do time trials instead of a race

West_Winger likes this.
  14. burro nunn

burro nunn Winger

What the fucks taking them so long.

15. West_Winger

West_Winger Winger

Brundle’s face there when the Ferrari boss tried to say the only overtakes that should be allowed are ones done by DRS said it all for me.

Waiting for the Dutch fans to leave so when they give Max a penalty there isn’t a riot.

16. In fairness to the Ferrari boss, he did say that racing like that should be allowed, just that it currently isn't and that while the rules are the way they are, it should receive a penalty. I don't agree with him, but it's a fair enough position.

smasha, PTR and West_Winger like this.
  17. PTR

PTR Striker

Exactly what I'm thinking too.

Hopefully they are having a good chat about what the rules really mean. For all I think its probably a penalty, I don't think I want it to be that way.

18. If it means Simon Lazenby doesn't wear that lederhosen ever again, I'm fully in favour of a 5 second penalty.

PTR likes this.
  19. Toronado

Toronado Central Defender

Deserves a penalty for me ! The lap before proves why it does, in the overtake move he ran him off the road to prevent being able to get the same run down to turn 4 n battle for the lead ! Hard racing would have been banging wheels with both cars still on the track

Slightly in front but that doesn’t give him the right to force the other car off the road though does it ?

Last edited: Jun 30, 2019
    PTR likes this.
  20. Lukas73

Lukas73 Winger

Le clerc turned in early, verstappen had him already...he had to concede, didn’t and got pushed off...sulky little french bollocks, hope Max windmills him for good measure

Market Where? and royaldragon like this.