F1 2019

seems like they are all going for the very flat outer wing section to try and divert as much air around the front tyres as possible. You can see it the most on the afla romeo and ferrari but I suspect the wings on the other cars are placeholders for the launch and they will have something similar when testing starts.

ROKiT WILLIAMS RACING on Twitter

Documentary about Williams on BBC2 at 9pm tonight
It’s on Netflix, watched it late last year... bizarre documentary I thought, more warts than ‘all’ in a warts & all film... for the family to have officially endorsed it is odd as none of them come out of it looking very good... in summary, Sir Frank is a selfish twat to almost everyone in his family & at work...

The state of the family now is testament to that...

Last edited:
Bit of a shambles that.
Weren't Mclaren the same last year or was it the year before. Yeah, terrible really.
I get the feeling Williams have tried to make a lot of changes this year. Could be another very poor one for them. I hope I'm wrong.

Never understand how teams can't be ready. I know it isn't as simple as worki g on your own car on the driveway, but professional mechanics who only look after two cars, you expect better.

Never understand how teams can't be ready. I know it isn't as simple as worki g on your own car on the driveway, but professional mechanics who only look after two cars, you expect better.
Perhaps they realised a mistake a while ago, and timelines have to be reset.

Or parts of the design weren't ready in time, meaning other parts couldn't be designed and again, pushing timelines back. Its incredibly complicated tbf.

reading about the ferrari paint scheme - gone with a red bull matte paint finish for "performance gains"...

Logon or register to see this image

vettel from kimi with a 1m20.920s is the best of the first two hours of testing...

reading about the ferrari paint scheme - gone with a red bull matte paint finish for "performance gains"...

Logon or register to see this image

vettel from kimi with a 1m20.920s is the best of the first two hours of testing...
Apparently its a few hundred grams of saving by not applying a gloss coat.
I guess that means they're close to the weight limits?

Shame I can't get my IPTV stream working from work, would quite like to watch it later today. Suppose there'll be live updates somewhere?

Can't get that link above to load, probably blocked the same was as my IPTV is.

But this one works, seems to be mostly a feed of numerous twitter accounts, which isn't a bad thing
Live: F1 Testing Coverage (Test 1 - Day 1) - FormulaSpy.com

So much for 1-1.5s slower this year:
"We've already gone faster than last year's day one time (a 1:20.179 set by Daniel Ricciardo).
Sebastian Vettel's time is a 1:19.137."

Just been reading that the cars & transporters are currently still at the factory... they'll be pushing it to physically drive the cars to barcelona in time for testing starting tomorrow, even if they're leaving as i type this...

suspect that in terms of track time, williams will be get 1 or 2 days at best this week.

Just been reading that the cars & transporters are currently still at the factory... they'll be pushing it to physically drive the cars to barcelona in time for testing starting tomorrow, even if they're leaving as i type this...

suspect that in terms of track time, williams will be get 1 or 2 days at best this week.

Press release confirming no testing tomorrow for them, Wednesday earliest.

So much for 1-1.5s slower this year:
"We've already gone faster than last year's day one time (a 1:20.179 set by Daniel Ricciardo).
Sebastian Vettel's time is a 1:19.137."
Mind I'm sure it snowed on day 1 last year.

Press release confirming no testing tomorrow for them, Wednesday earliest.
They are in a bad way at the moment. Paddy Lowe has moved them backwards rather than forwards. He needs replaced and pronto.

Last edited:

Back