F1 2018

I haven't even got as far as trying to put the code into steam. The HB website simply doesn't even show that I have the game. But when I tried to re-get it, it either said just "error" or "You already have this".
Just got a mail from them with a bunch of suggestions. None of them worked.

Noticed the promo is still running - so hit the "get game" button again, and this time it worked with no issue at all.

Obviously their site has just crashed under the demand. I just wish it was more user friendly as its been mega stressful trying to go over and over and over to get it to work, then raising a ticket etc etc.

Should just bought 2020 and saved the hassle ;)

Finally got round to trying it today.
Took a little bit of effort to get it to work with my monitor, as its an UW, but it looks pretty excellent now.

Am I right in thinking that if my monitor is 60hz, I might as well cap the game at 60fps and turn vsync on - there's no point having my laptop fans going mental generating frames I won't even see?

Anyway, the game is canny. I didn't realise I'd previously installed 2017, but never actually played it :lol: Although, that was a dodgy copy, so no online - the online works on this one. Had 1 race so far, finished 5/12, which isn't bad for a first try!

Back