F1 2018

Aye, the AI are shit in the race but in Quali they're alot faster. Qualified 18th and finished 10th in my first career race, with about 95% AI in a Williams.

As with all racing games the problem online is wankers who wipe people out to win (or even just to pass you). Forza and the likes are wick with it, which is a shame because I've had some bits of terrific racing with respectful drivers.

I don't understand the mentality of a player who would take another player out on the last lap to finish 8th instead of 9th though, its daft.

As with all racing games the problem online is wankers who wipe people out to win (or even just to pass you). Forza and the likes are wick with it, which is a shame because I've had some bits of terrific racing with respectful drivers.

I don't understand the mentality of a player who would take another player out on the last lap to finish 8th instead of 9th though, its daft.
Anyone would think a load shit, sad, pathetic kids play online games.

This year there is a "safety" rating which increases with the cleaner races you have. The matchmaking then puts you in with similar rated people. That said, I'm not sure enough players play this to properly filter the idiots out.

This year there is a "safety" rating which increases with the cleaner races you have. The matchmaking then puts you in with similar rated people. That said, I'm not sure enough players play this to properly filter the idiots out.
That saftey thing is bull shit atm, i get hit from behind at turn 1 and so i hit the cars in front of me and i get warnings and penaltys!! Hopefully they can fix that but as it is it doesnt work as it should.

That saftey thing is bull shit atm, i get hit from behind at turn 1 and so i hit the cars in front of me and i get warnings and penaltys!! Hopefully they can fix that but as it is it doesnt work as it should.

I don't think they'll ever get to the point of fixing it. It's too subjective and can't be automated. One crash causes so much debate as to who caused it.

I don't think they'll ever get to the point of fixing it. It's too subjective and can't be automated. One crash causes so much debate as to who caused it.
Pretty easy to detect if you've lost control of the car straight after being hit by someone else, and until control is returned, hitting someone else shouldn't penalise you

It's pretty ropey online, the game slows to crawl when people join or leave the lobby during qualifying and race. I know they're not the biggest developer but things like that should be eliminated before release..

Is 2020 free? :neutral:
Aye, but still. Its 2 years out of date now and all the online stuff will be dead by now, won't it?

(Plus, this game was cracked years ago - but of course that's a matter of choice. Its the last one that was cracked, too. For some reason, they can't crack the 2019 and 2020 versions)
Edit. If the online community is still going, then I take it all back mind. I'll give it a go and report back

Last edited:
Aye, but still. Its 2 years out of date now and all the online stuff will be dead by now, won't it?

(Plus, this game was cracked years ago - but of course that's a matter of choice. Its the last one that was cracked, too. For some reason, they can't crack the 2019 and 2020 versions)
Edit. If the online community is still going, then I take it all back mind. I'll give it a go and report back
Signed up to humble bundle
Didn't get the confirmation email
Tried again, still no email
6 hours later, logged in, sent me another confirm email - finally arrived
Finally got logged in, then it asked me to link my steam - so I did that
FINALLY properly logged in, clicked the "get game" box. ERROR

No game, after 8 hours of f***ing on. What a waste of f***ing time that was :lol:

Signed up to humble bundle
Didn't get the confirmation email
Tried again, still no email
6 hours later, logged in, sent me another confirm email - finally arrived
Finally got logged in, then it asked me to link my steam - so I did that
FINALLY properly logged in, clicked the "get game" box. ERROR

No game, after 8 hours of f***ing on. What a waste of f***ing time that was :lol:

Mine was immediate and went smoothly.... although I did see similar complaints on Hotdeals mostly about Steam.

I haven't even installed it :neutral: It'll go into the list of free games I keep meaning to play but never do. PS Plus is a good one for that too.

Last edited:
Mine was immediate and went smoothly.... although I did see similar complaints on Hotdeals mostly about Steam.

I haven't even installed it :neutral: It'll go into the list of free games I keep meaning to play but never do. PS Plus is a good one for that too.
I haven't even got as far as trying to put the code into steam. The HB website simply doesn't even show that I have the game. But when I tried to re-get it, it either said just "error" or "You already have this".
Just got a mail from them with a bunch of suggestions. None of them worked.

Noticed the promo is still running - so hit the "get game" button again, and this time it worked with no issue at all.

Obviously their site has just crashed under the demand. I just wish it was more user friendly as its been mega stressful trying to go over and over and over to get it to work, then raising a ticket etc etc.

Last edited:

Back