F1 2018

the halo no doubt has its advantages and clearly protects the head. ridiculous how long it took to get out of the car there though. got a real problem if the car was badly on fire

Absolutely - I thought that was an indictment of the halo. I wonder if it'll kill someone before it saves someone, and it's not good enough for a load of marshals to have to roll him over before getting him out. The fact is, he couldn't get out of that car because of it resting against the barrier on one side and the halo all around his head. An old style cockpit would have presented enough space to get out (e.g. Alonso in Australia with a car in a very similar position)

I know they check first whether he has any damage to his spine or neck before dumping it back on its wheels (funnily enough they didn't show that on TV... it can't have been gentle) but what if he had had such damage or the fire was worse than that? Or perish the thought, both.

The halo could have turned an innocuous rollover into a trapped and injured or badly burned driver.

Not a bad race - especially with zero on the line.
Was really hoping for a proper splash down though - would have been ace.

Not a bad season either - looks like a runaway now, but wasn't the case when you really look at it.

No more races for sodding ages now, bah!

Not a bad season either - looks like a runaway now, but wasn't the case when you really look at it.

Only just over four months.

It'll be interesting next season with Red bull changing engines over to Honda. I think they would have the best car on the grid with a bit more power however I'm not sure Honda can produce it ?

It'll be interesting next season with Red bull changing engines over to Honda. I think they would have the best car on the grid with a bit more power however I'm not sure Honda can produce it ?
I really hope they can. 3 top cars would be ace

Just a video from the fia prize giving in in st Petersburg tonight, and vettel is sporting the worlds worst moustache... best image is this...

Logon or register to see this image

And I’m fairly sure that the ice man was pissed, as in drunk...

Back