F1 2018

Yeah, but there was stuff going on behind the scenes with his switch to Ferrari. Vettel is ridiculously underrated- put him in a Merc and Hamilton in a Ferrari and the results would be much the same.

Mercedes have had the best car for years, and Ferrari are still lacking.
Nonsense, Ferrari have had the fastest car at all but a handful of races this season. Vettel's mistakes are what have cost him the title, he simply cannot handle the pressure Hamilton has put him under.

Hamilton just doesn't make mistakes and then when it rains he tends to be in a class of his own.

My mate who moved over to America for work a few years ago was at the race. He ran into Danny Ric in a bar afterward. Sent me a photo of them the twat. Said he was getting loads of stick for being in merc merch.

I don't mind him choosing to live abroad - he's probably hardly at his own gaff anyway.

But choosing not to pay taxes, even as a limited company or whatever is most tax-efficient, in the UK stinks.

he is travelling the world for 6 months plus of the year anyway , why does where he live s matter ?

:lol:

Vettel seems to be doing a damned good job of destroying himself lately.
He seems a bit of a recluse, I wouldn’t be shocked if he packed it in at some point quite soon out of the blue like Rosberg did

he is travelling the world for 6 months plus of the year anyway , why does where he live s matter ?
Well travelling a lot doesn’t absolve someone of tax residency. They have to be resident somewhere and they pay their tax there. Sometimes in more than one place. He’s obviously chosen somewhere without much of a tax burden, which pisses some people off who think his tax would make a substantial difference to the public purse and therefore their rates etc. Which it wouldn’t

Last edited:
Over rated surely? The ultimate flat track bully of F1. Give him the best car, he can put it on pole and drive away from the rest of the field. Give him a substandard car and his results will match, he can't outdrive a poor car. Even in the best car, if he's not at the front, he doesn't have the racecraft to fight his way there if those in front of him have any kind of pace.

It says it all that he's never won from outside the top 3.
You forget how great he was in the Toro Rosso

He seems a bit of a recluse, I wouldn’t be shocked if he packed it in at some point quite soon out of the blue like Rosberg did

Well travelling a lot doesn’t absolve someone of tax residency. They have to be resident somewhere and they pay their tax there. Sometimes in more than one place. He’s obviously chosen somewhere without much of a tax burden, which pisses some people off who think his tax would make a substantial difference to the public purse and therefore their rates etc. Which it wouldn’t
But when lots of people do it ...

If Leclerc doesn't set the world on fire, I really can see Lewis having 2 years in the reds.
Hamilton will get to 6/7 titles then go to Ferrari. Max to Merc and Seb back to RBR

Yeah, but there was stuff going on behind the scenes with his switch to Ferrari. Vettel is ridiculously underrated- put him in a Merc and Hamilton in a Ferrari and the results would be much the same.

Mercedes have had the best car for years, and Ferrari are still lacking.
Nope Hamilton would be even further ahead imo. The Ferrari has been the faster car tho season.

I wonder if the weight balance on the Ferrari is the reason it seems to pivot around when it gets a bang on the front wheels? You don't see other cars doing it.
Kimi doesn’t seem to have that problem ;):lol:

Over rated surely? The ultimate flat track bully of F1. Give him the best car, he can put it on pole and drive away from the rest of the field. Give him a substandard car and his results will match, he can't outdrive a poor car. Even in the best car, if he's not at the front, he doesn't have the racecraft to fight his way there if those in front of him have any kind of pace.

It says it all that he's never won from outside the top 3.
Pretty much this. He also can’t take pressure when ever someone is chasing him he makes a mistake when do you ever see LH make a mistake?

Last edited:
Hamilton will get to 6/7 titles then go to Ferrari. Max to Merc and Seb back to RBR

Nope Hamilton would be even further ahead imo. The Ferrari has been the faster car tho season.

Kimi doesn’t seem to have that problem ;):lol:

Pretty much this. He also can’t take pressure when ever someone is chasing him he makes a mistake when do you ever see LH make a mistake?
He made plenty of mistakes when Rosberg beat him to the title, at McLaren and even when trying to overtake Max Verstappen, who to me is the best driver at the moment. Give him a Mercedes and he would destroy the field.

He made plenty of mistakes when Rosberg beat him to the title, at McLaren and even when trying to overtake Max Verstappen, who to me is the best driver at the moment. Give him a Mercedes and he would destroy the field.

Rosberg may have beaten him - after all, the table doesn't lie.

It should not, however, be forgotten that Hamilton had worse mechanical woes that season which, on balance, cost him the title.

Hamilton has been serene this year and all this in a car that has lagged the Ferrari pace for large parts of the season.

Max has youth on his side but Hamilton has experience - a titanic tussle awaits next year I reckon (Honda engine permitting)

As an aside, Leclerc will likely put Vettels nose so far out of joint that he may sulk all season

I don't see what happened with Max as a mistake, he went for it, Max defended brilliantly and Lewis made the sensible decision to back off rather than risk a crash that could have taken him out of the race completely.

Yep years back I’m talking about now. Plus let’s not forget all about the mechanical failures LH had that year

I Don’t think pittling lewis under the VSC was a mistake - it was being unable to get past kimi then running too long on that set of tyres that did for him.

They should of brought him in when he could of got back out in 2nd or at least he right up behind max. Think he’d of passed max easily if was straight behind him on new tyres. Mind don’t think he’d of got past kimi either way as the Ferrari had too much straight line speed.
Totally agree but I think if he came out behind kimi on fresher tyres he would have passed him easy. 18.1 in front would have brought him out 2 secs behind kimi with 20 odd laps left. Easy imo.

Totally agree but I think if he came out behind kimi on fresher tyres he would have passed him easy. 18.1 in front would have brought him out 2 secs behind kimi with 20 odd laps left. Easy imo.

The Ferrari engine and aero package was significantly better than Merc for Austin.

Even Hamilton struggled to get past Raikkonen and without a mistake from either Ferrari driver there may simply not have been a way round.

Most of Merc development budget for 2018 will have been transferred to the development of next year's car after the Japan result (either that or a nice directors dividend for Toto to buy Suzi a nice yacht).

We may have seen the best of the Mercs for this year but then again what's the point of Ferrari sp*nking a load on an empty gesture....

I totally agree about max verstappen. I would love to see Red bull turn it up next season and give him a car to match Mercedes and Ferrari...

Back