F1 2018

I Don’t think pittling lewis under the VSC was a mistake - it was being unable to get past kimi then running too long on that set of tyres that did for him.

They should of brought him in when he could of got back out in 2nd or at least he right up behind max. Think he’d of passed max easily if was straight behind him on new tyres. Mind don’t think he’d of got past kimi either way as the Ferrari had too much straight line speed.

I Don’t think pittling lewis under the VSC was a mistake - it was being unable to get past kimi then running too long on that set of tyres that did for him.

They should of brought him in when he could of got back out in 2nd or at least he right up behind max. Think he’d of passed max easily if was straight behind him on new tyres. Mind don’t think he’d of got past kimi either way as the Ferrari had too much straight line speed.

My thoughts exactly. Pitting him under the VSC was correct, but he should have come in around lap 31/32. He was 17 seconds clear of Kimi and 22 clear of Max.

Had he pitted then he’d have pissed it IMO

Still see Webber hasn't got a nice word to say about him :lol:
I really think Webber does a very good job of being professional about it all, considering he got shafted.

Agreed. At the time, I was amazed Kimi didn't pit on the Ultras. Seemed mad at the time.

:lol:

Vettel seems to be doing a damned good job of destroying himself lately.

They don’t trust him anymore, hence why Leclerc is coming in. I think Vettel could easily get his bait put up by the young un.

If you remember in 2014 after 4 titles on the trot, Ricciardo got promoted to Red Bull and ended up winning three races alongside Vettel, who ended up winning none before joining Ferrari.

Seeing some of the responses on this thread calling Hamilton a twat etc, quick question. Why when we have a continually successful British sportsman do people turn from praising them in the early days to disrespecting them as their success continues.
I’m a big fan of Hamilton but a lot of it could be his choosing to live abroad.

I’m a big fan of Hamilton but a lot of it could be his choosing to live abroad.
I don't mind him choosing to live abroad - he's probably hardly at his own gaff anyway.

But choosing not to pay taxes, even as a limited company or whatever is most tax-efficient, in the UK stinks.

I don't mind him choosing to live abroad - he's probably hardly at his own gaff anyway.

But choosing not to pay taxes, even as a limited company or whatever is most tax-efficient, in the UK stinks.
Sir Jackie Stewart was the first big name to really take advantage of that, not sure it’s effected his standing in the long run...

Seeing some of the responses on this thread calling Hamilton a twat etc, quick question. Why when we have a continually successful British sportsman do people turn from praising them in the early days to disrespecting them as their success continues.
Brits always love the plucky looser, look at how popular Bruno was in the 80s as an example. Or, Mansell in 86/87... By 92 he was a whinge-bag when he was walking away with the title rather than doing 200mph on 3-wheels in Adelaide.

Last edited:
They don’t trust him anymore, hence why Leclerc is coming in. I think Vettel could easily get his bait put up by the young un.

If you remember in 2014 after 4 titles on the trot, Ricciardo got promoted to Red Bull and ended up winning three races alongside Vettel, who ended up winning none before joining Ferrari.
Yeah, but there was stuff going on behind the scenes with his switch to Ferrari. Vettel is ridiculously underrated- put him in a Merc and Hamilton in a Ferrari and the results would be much the same.

Mercedes have had the best car for years, and Ferrari are still lacking.

Yeah, but there was stuff going on behind the scenes with his switch to Ferrari. Vettel is ridiculously underrated- put him in a Merc and Hamilton in a Ferrari and the results would be much the same.

Mercedes have had the best car for years, and Ferrari are still lacking.
Over rated surely? The ultimate flat track bully of F1. Give him the best car, he can put it on pole and drive away from the rest of the field. Give him a substandard car and his results will match, he can't outdrive a poor car. Even in the best car, if he's not at the front, he doesn't have the racecraft to fight his way there if those in front of him have any kind of pace.

It says it all that he's never won from outside the top 3.

Back