F1 2017

It was good to see Billy Monger there as Hamilton's guest.
For such a young kid he's doing a good job of grabbing life by the balls and getting on with it.

First time at Silerstone most memorable moment
Hamiltons qualifying lap - unbelievable but no.
Hamiltons start and immediate pull away from the field - no
Max keeping Vettal behind him - class driver but no
Sainz crashing in front of us, poor bugger - no

Sitting in Becketts, a Ferrari appears in the distance with sparks coming from underneath the car, the crowd went mental as people realised it was Vettal, as he drove past he got cheered for his problem.

Wow first timer and it was superb.

First time at Silerstone most memorable moment
Hamiltons qualifying lap - unbelievable but no.
Hamiltons start and immediate pull away from the field - no
Max keeping Vettal behind him - class driver but no
Sainz crashing in front of us, poor bugger - no

Sitting in Becketts, a Ferrari appears in the distance with sparks coming from underneath the car, the crowd went mental as people realised it was Vettal, as he drove past he got cheered for his problem.

Wow first timer and it was superb.
You were at quali too? What was the reaction to Alonso's Q1 lap like? Sounded like he got a great reaction from the crowd. I can ever remember seeing a lap timed so perfectly at the end of the session.

You were at quali too? What was the reaction to Alonso's Q1 lap like? Sounded like he got a great reaction from the crowd. I can ever remember seeing a lap timed so perfectly at the end of the session.
Yeh, it was a massive cheer from Club and the International Pit Straight. He was out completely on his own though, on a drying track.

Wasn't he the only driver to attempt a lap on dry tires? Thought that was how he made all the time.
I think others did, but nobody was on track in the last 2 mins of the session, give or take. The lights went red less than a second after Alonso crossed the line.

Yeah went Thursday and came back yesterday
Alonso got a huge cheer , timing was perfect.
Track was drying out, he gambled and smashed it.

Kubica to test the 2017 Renault in Hungary next week, hope it goes well and he can replace Palmer
Will they give Kubica the dog car, with no updates and have it break down every week.

I can see why Palmer's performances are shit tbh. If his car doesn't break, he's still got -1sec/lap built into his drive. He's not been given a fair shake. He won F2, which tells you he's not a bad driver.

Will they give Kubica the dog car, with no updates and have it break down every week.

I can see why Palmer's performances are shit tbh. If his car doesn't break, he's still got -1sec/lap built into his drive. He's not been given a fair shake. He won F2, which tells you he's not a bad driver.

The bloke is involved in as many incidents as Maldonado used to be plus he's painfully slow compared to his team mate pretty much every practice, qualifying and race session. He can try and blame the car braking as much as he likes and to be fair it's been bad the last few races but he really really needs to start driving quicker or it won't be a very long lived F1 career

The bloke is involved in as many incidents as Maldonado used to be plus he's painfully slow compared to his team mate pretty much every practice, qualifying and race session. He can try and blame the car braking as much as he likes and to be fair it's been bad the last few races but he really really needs to start driving quicker or it won't be a very long lived F1 career
As pointed out by the TV pundits, he doesn't get any of the upgrades - his car is miles slower than Nico's. And then it still breaks down.

No wonder his morale and form is suffering to be fair to him.

Kubica to test the 2017 Renault in Hungary next week, hope it goes well and he can replace Palmer

Of all the people they could replace Palmer with, Kubica would be the biggest insult. Kubica was going to be a superb driver, but since his injury any talk of him returning to F1 has been purely speculative. All of the realistic reports seem to suggest that he will never regain full control of his arm and that at best he expects he could only race in F1 with greatly diminished performances, and that he would be completely uncompetitive on street tracks (not that there are many of them any more). Every now and then they seem to stick him in a car and see how fast he can go, but I think it is more for the sponsors than anything else. He is proving that he can compete in other classes of racing. His brain still works, but his arm can no longer manipulate the wheel in the cramped conditions of a Formula 1 car.

Palmer has not really had a fair go of it, but he gives the impression that he knows it and is not being fun to be around because of it. British drivers are not getting many chances in recent times , with the likes of Paul di Resta and Anthony Davidson seemingly passing through the sport and losing out on seats to lesser drivers.

Back