F1 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.
really struggling now, up to race 6 Monte Carlo.....im being absolutely raped for speed, but in race 5 i finished 2nd:confused:
within the 10 seconds after the start of the race i am just starting to build up speed and the other 23 racers are well ahead...was going so well until then..any advice, i havent changed any of the settings and have braking assists off and only traction on, but from one extreme to another in two races:confused:

If you are doing what I am and running 7 year career then your in one of the new teams, so you will be slow, just try to beat the other new teams and your team will be happy with that.

Just rented this and its fairly poor, however take my opinion with a pinch of salt as I get bored of most games that are not fifa or football manager. I was very impressed with the graphics but once it wears off the boredom and repetitiveness set in.

this

Just rented this and its fairly poor, however take my opinion with a pinch of salt as I get bored of most games that are not fifa or football manager. I was very impressed with the graphics but once it wears off the boredom and repetitiveness set in.
i dont get this, you are bored with it because it gets repetetive, i cannit play Fifa for long because of that exact same reason, theres only so much balls a man can take;)
same with FM, play it in sporadic intervals as i much [prefer different genres of games to the same one over and over

barely play driving games as im normally shit, but the license on this appeals and its fun as hell.

traded in a bunch of crap for it so im happy.

just took pole in qualifying and pole in the Melbourne GP sniffing out Hamilton who was chasing me down and had to surrender 1st to a pit stop, very satisfying, spesh after my first race finishing 13th.

gets 8.5 on IGN and editors pick. yes it could be better with some tweaks (wierd theres no podium etc.), but given this is their first effort it's pretty damn good.

A man after my own heart :lol:

i dont get this, you are bored with it because it gets repetetive, i cannit play Fifa for long because of that exact same reason, theres only so much balls a man can take;)
same with FM, play it in sporadic intervals as i much [prefer different genres of games to the same one over and over

Its just the way I am mate :lol:. I get bored of fifa too but when playing against mates on a regular basis it keeps me interested.

Dammit, I was looking forward to it until I read this list.

Now, I don't think I'll bother with it at all. :-(

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IFGibGlUPD4

FF to 5:20 to see footage in the rain. :)

Looks pretty good there, but strange about the lack of parade lap, preseason testing, safety car, podium, red flags, mechanical failure, the limited 7-year career mode, drivers not changing teams in career mode, non-visible car upgrades, no mid-race game save... so many bizarre omissions it's almost criminal!

Dammit, I was looking forward to it until I read this list.

Now, I don't think I'll bother with it at all. :-(

Looks pretty good there, but strange about the lack of parade lap, preseason testing, safety car, podium, red flags, mechanical failure, the limited 7-year career mode, drivers not changing teams in career mode, non-visible car upgrades, no mid-race game save... so many bizarre omissions it's almost criminal!

All to do with license issues. I don't think anyone would bother doing Pre-Season testing anyway. I don't know why they would do Red Flags either. Very rare nowadays.

Presumably all the other features you listed will be in next years game.

The main issue with this game is that it's buggy as fuck as they haven't bothered doing outside-beta testing.

All to do with license issues. I don't think anyone would bother doing Pre-Season testing anyway. I don't know why they would do Red Flags either. Very rare nowadays.

Presumably all the other features you listed will be in next years game.

The main issue with this game is that it's buggy as fuck as they haven't bothered doing outside-beta testing.

I would want the full F1 experience... helping to develop the car preseason as well as during the season (and even the car for the next season if the season you're midway through isn't going very well).

I would want the full F1 experience... helping to develop the car preseason as well as during the season (and even the car for the next season if the season you're midway through isn't going very well).

Do you actually watch F1? There is no testing. Other then that the points are valid.

Do you actually watch F1? There is no testing. Other then that the points are valid.

Edit: sorry I meant between races. WTF was I thinking! :oops::lol:

Edit: sorry I meant between races. WTF was I thinking! :oops::lol:

:lol::-D And yes, I do, even qualifying and sometimes the practice sessions. I love it!

First race with Williams, qualified 14th and finished 15th after a mistake pitting two laps too late.

Second race in Melbourne qualified on pole in the rain and finished 21st :-(. Sutil crashed into the side of me whilst trying to overtake. Had to pit and change tyres twice.

Does the difficulty setting you choose at the start really affect anything? Just that I selected a difficulty level, but wanted an automatic car and as soon as i changed the gearbox to automatic, it came up with "custom" instead of "difficult" etc. If one player was to select easy at the start, and another selected difficult, but both altered their game assists so they matched, would the game be harder for the one who selected difficult?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back