F1 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bloke in gamestation said they had the game but couldn't sell me a copy

Thats because its not out until tomorrow.

About the game, Im loving it! wasnt sure at first but its getting better. I agree about the lights at the back though. Thats a pain

no safety car! and yellow flags just seem to come on and instantly go off again

i noticed that on youtube.

is it not because it is a 60 lap race condensed into 1 or 3 laps?

yellow flags generally don't last more than a lap in a grand prix, often shorter. so condense the race down to three laps and you can't have the yellow flag out for any length of time, otherwise its a huge % of the race distance raced under yellow flags.

i assumed if you play a 100% race, the flags will stay a lot longer?

Played it for a few hours and it's an arcade game allright. I'm using no aids at all and doing very well with Virgin (one 2 out 4 races on expert) i'm a harccore sim fan though (Fsone09) being the best mod of rfactor.

None the less the game looks fantastic and is easy enough for beginners, in fact too easy would be my main criticism.

i noticed that on youtube.

is it not because it is a 60 lap race condensed into 1 or 3 laps?

yellow flags generally don't last more than a lap in a grand prix, often shorter. so condense the race down to three laps and you can't have the yellow flag out for any length of time, otherwise its a huge % of the race distance raced under yellow flags.

i assumed if you play a 100% race, the flags will stay a lot longer?

doing half race distance though mate and its still on and off really quickly, in fact just tried it on 10% race distance and its on the same amount of time

seems to be unrealistic as well, chandhock is always finishing in the top 10 :eek:

had it a day or so now, very good but loads of bad points for f1 fans

career mode is good but could be much much better, interviews are rubbish for example and you always get asked the same questions.

as for the races, if your near the back of the grid you cant see the start lights, there's nothing on your steering wheel either so its just guess work when the race starts :roll:

AI drivers hardly ever make mistakes or retire (im just start monaco gp now and think ive seen 2 cars spin and thats it)

no safety car! and yellow flags just seem to come on and instantly go off again, however when it rains in the middle of a race its utter madness and shows just how good the game engine is. replays are just brilliant to watch

Agree with all that , Im trading it in for Dead Rising 2 tomorrow
For me it is just far too arcadey , I was hoping the handling would be a lot more realistic :-( , I'll stick with Forza 3
The Graphics are fantastic tho , just a shame the rest of the game does'nt stack up :cry:

I had a go at this last night and could I fuck start a race, I was stuck in the garage with the engineer etc, how do you start the practice? :lol:

Agree with all that , Im trading it in for Dead Rising 2 tomorrow
For me it is just far too arcadey , I was hoping the handling would be a lot more realistic :-( , I'll stick with Forza 3
The Graphics are fantastic tho , just a shame the rest of the game does'nt stack up :cry:

to be fair just read an interview with the developers and they said the FIA stopped them from doing loads of stuff in the game, even things like drivers moving to other teams :eek:

going to be released on a yearly basis so hopefully see a much improved game next year, still good but has nothing on forza

I had a go at this last night and could I fuck start a race, I was stuck in the garage with the engineer etc, how do you start the practice? :lol:

youll be looking at the monitor over your car when you start a race weekend, press B to go out of that then press right to select your engineer then press track at the bottom. you can skip to qualifying or race by pressing right again and go to event info.

Is it worth me going out and getting this then??

if your a f1 fan definitely, if not i would wait till its cheaper

hmm, all seems a bit disappointing. Ive been looking forward to the game and just saw this thread today- starts off with everyone very excited but, now people have played it, reviews seem to be mixed at best. I would like to see damage, but it seems that there might not be much damage allowed- also not being able to see when to start the race seems daft, as does a lack of a podium- plus i thought they said it was going to be very much a simulation game, not an arcade? Oh well, i'll buy it anyway like and see what its like

If anyone wants rid of this on the ps3 in the next week or so and I'll give you a better rate that you can exchange for let me know.

hmm, all seems a bit disappointing. Ive been looking forward to the game and just saw this thread today- starts off with everyone very excited but, now people have played it, reviews seem to be mixed at best. I would like to see damage, but it seems that there might not be much damage allowed- also not being able to see when to start the race seems daft, as does a lack of a podium- plus i thought they said it was going to be very much a simulation game, not an arcade? Oh well, i'll buy it anyway like and see what its like

lots and lots of race damage mate, just not from the AI drivers........wait till you experience monte carlo!

has anybody done pit stops yet and your team wont let you leave till ALL the cars are finished there pit stops behind you? :evil:

lots and lots of race damage mate, just not from the AI drivers........wait till you experience monte carlo!

has anybody done pit stops yet and your team wont let you leave till ALL the cars are finished there pit stops behind you? :evil:

Do you not see AI crashes like? :mad:

saw one crash so far and im 8 races in.........

best thing was monte carlo, not ONE crash or retirement :evil:

codemasters forum seems to have a lot of pissed off people at the moment http://community.codemasters.com/forum/f1-2010-game-1316

thats f***ing ridiculous that like- the FIA cant pretend that crashes never happen, so of course there should be AI crashes- plus drivers do move teams, so they should let them put that in the game, its only a f***ing game after all. Imagine FM if people couldnt move clubs :lol:

ah nice one, the AI might not crash but at least i can fuck my car up! I take it if you smash into AI cars you must be able to force them to retire though? Bit harsh if they could do a bad manoeveur, smash your car to fuck and drive on as if nothing happened

Just rented this and its fairly poor, however take my opinion with a pinch of salt as I get bored of most games that are not fifa or football manager. I was very impressed with the graphics but once it wears off the boredom and repetitiveness set in.

just finished my first race weekend.

struggled when messing about on hard, so switched to medium.

qualified 4th in my lotus, won the race by miles!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back