Eyesore Britain

That’s why the working class man turned their back on Labour mate. I’m on the coal face of society , take it from me I’m right on this one.
So what you are saying is from 1997 to 2010, all the tradesmen you knew were on the sick and you couldn't get anyone to work for you?
People do choose benefits as a career choice. It’s just the way it is and seems quite appealing if you have bairns, rent a house and so on.
Yes, some do, but not to the extent certain people make out.
They don't live the life of riley either, it'll be a shite existence.

Last edited:
So what you are saying is from 1997 to 2010, all the tradesmen you knew were on the sick and you couldn't get anyone to work for you?

I’d say with confidence between that time period and a few year after you couldn’t get people who where at the bottom of the ladder to work if they had bairns, council house and so on. That is a fact and I probs don’t blame them.
However the system is / was wrong.

It’s not a great existence, however it’s arguably better than mine most of the time.

Last edited:
I’d say with confidence between that time period and a few year after you couldn’t get people who where at the bottom of the ladder to work if they had bairns, council house and so on. That is a fact and I probs don’t blame them.
However the system is / was wrong.

It’s not a great existence, however it’s arguably better than mine most of the time.
Who are bottom of the ladder people exactly? What positions couldn't you fill?
Now you're definitely pulling my leg.

I don't know any people out of work that have not one, but two rolexes, one for each arm 😂
Oh, and not to mention going on holiday with a suitcase of designer gear and nowt from sports direct.

Last edited:
People do choose benefits as a career choice. It’s just the way it is and seems quite appealing if you have bairns, rent a house and so on.

I'm not sure many see it as a career choice, but there is definitely a point for some people where they're better off not working

There are cases in low paid jobs, where someone works a set number of hours, and rent gets paid. If they do even 2 hours more, they lose that.

Those 2 hours won't pay the shortfall in rent so why work them? Why work an extra 12 hours if it's only the 13th hour that you make more than you would have received in benefit?

We need a tweak to the system so you aren't penalised financially if you want to and can work.

Oh, and not to mention going on holiday with a suitcase of designer gear and nowt from sports direct.
I have personal experience of a lass in her 30s who hasn't worked a day in her life since leaving school, has a two-bedroom council house (rent paid for), dresses her bairn in designer gear - Vivienne Westwood shoes on a six-year old ffs! - and goes on holiday to Turkey.

The bairn is constantly late for school because the lass can't be @rsed to get out of bed to get her there in time. House is decorated like Fenwicks' window at Christmas time and the online photographs on the bairns birthday and times like Easteer have to be seen to be believed.

She's possibly an extreme example, but people like her are out there, and we might be surprised at how many there actually are.

the system is fucked. It’s somehow managed to be too harsh and too soft at the same time, because it targets the wrong people. Sanctioning people actively trying to find work and seemingly allowing career doleys carte blanche to milk the system.

I have personal experience of a lass in her 30s who hasn't worked a day in her life since leaving school, has a two-bedroom council house (rent paid for), dresses her bairn in designer gear - Vivienne Westwood shoes on a six-year old ffs! - and goes on holiday to Turkey.

The bairn is constantly late for school because the lass can't be @rsed to get out of bed to get her there in time. House is decorated like Fenwicks' window at Christmas time and the online photographs on the bairns birthday and times like Easteer have to be seen to be believed.

She's possibly an extreme example, but people like her are out there, and we might be surprised at how many there actually are.
She must have another income other than benefits. Maybe she's a drug dealer?

BTW, I'm not saying people like this don't exist, just the amount of them is massively exaggerated by the press, and certain people lap it up.

BTW, I'm not saying people like this don't exist, just the amount of them is massively exaggerated by the press, and certain people lap it up.
I’d say in my experience living the first 40 year or so on council estates I’d say it’s pretty common in those areas.
The new comers to the country will have it boxed right off .

Pop down to Horizon house down Hudson Rd and have a look

They live a lot better than a couple would do that's both working on minimum wage and I wouldn't blame them, it's the system that's knackered. It's almost like you get punished the better you do.

She has a partner who isn't supposed to live with her, but does. She also receives a substantial maintenance payment for the bairn.

As far as any other income is concerned, your guess is as good as mine.
I’d say in my experience living the first 40 year or so on council estates I’d say it’s pretty common in those areas.
Hard to disagree with this.

She has a partner who isn't supposed to live with her, but does. She also receives a substantial maintenance payment for the bairn.

As far as any other income is concerned, your guess is as good as mine
Okay, so she's claiming money she shouldn't and does have another source of income. Basically not living it up on benefits alone.
The new comers to the country will have it boxed right off .

Pop down to Horizon house down Hudson Rd and have a look
You've lived on council estates for 40 year? I thought you were only in your 40s anyway and had a house with a juliet balcony?

And I thought it was your experience trying to employ people that told you labour pay bums benefits, but now it's where you've lived?

And of those 40 years, labour have only been in power for 13 of them anyway.

Last edited:

As far as any other income is concerned, your guess is as good as mine.

Hard to disagree with this.
It’s just the way it’s done I know dozens of people who’ve done it in them circles and who can blame them. The way they get caught is jealous mates or sisters-in -laws etc.
System is soft as shite man.
Okay, so she's claiming money she shouldn't and does have another source of income. Basically not living it up on benefits alone.

You've lived on council estates for 40 year? I thought you were only in your 40s anyway and had a house with a juliet balcony?

And I thought it was your experience trying to employ people that told you labour pay bums benefits, but now it's where you've lived?

And of those 40 years, labour have only been in power for 13 of them anyway.
Your making no sense mate

Try again please

Last edited:
Definitely not - but she is working the system to obtain payments that she is not strictly entitled to. Giving her, a lass who has never worked a day in her natch, a lifestyle that a lot of working families could only hope for.

She's a poster girl for the type of people who are bleeding the system dry - not the type of people who genuinely need benefits.

My parents had a corner shop 20/25 years ago on the edge of a council estate and you had them then. Those families have had 4 or 5 kids and they are having kids now, yeah some have 'escaped' the cycle bit many are taking after their parents. If you don't live within/near it you don't see it. I'd not want that lifestyle but for some it's just what they have always seen so just see it as a 'job'.

Kids are appalled if i hoy a banana skin or apple core onto trees by a motorway (only littering id do i guess). Havent littered once in my life.

Once had a run in with a mate who finished a bag pf chips n hoyed papers everywhere. Thought hed have known better tbh.

Kids are appalled if i hoy a banana skin or apple core onto trees by a motorway (only littering id do i guess). Havent littered once in my life.

Once had a run in with a mate who finished a bag pf chips n hoyed papers everywhere. Thought hed have known better tbh.
I hoy apple and pear cores into trees etc or onto grass . Thsts not littering I’d it ?

Or you might be surprised by how few of these examples there are. There are undoubtedly people who play the system but reality is they are a vvery very small minority.

Those of you arguing about Labour and Tory governments, you do realise we haven’t had a Labour government since the 1970s don’t you.

Back