Eyesore Britain

We have a fabulous team of volunteers in our area that go around litter picking, the counsellors also seem to do walk arounds to report graffiti/ flyripping and potholes.
Everywhere has always had its problems, it's nice when folks can have a bit of pride in the area mind (not sure about the solution to the closed shops other than low rents / rates to encourage occupancy).

We have a fabulous team of volunteers in our area that go around litter picking, the counsellors also seem to do walk arounds to report graffiti/ flyripping and potholes.
Everywhere has always had its problems, it's nice when folks can have a bit of pride in the area mind (not sure about the solution to the closed shops other than low rents / rates to encourage occupancy).

I think it’s great that people do that but they shouldn’t have to. I get why councils can’t afford it, but it’s just how everywhere is unkempt.

Is it just me or is this entire country going to ruin?

Litter everywhere, graffiti, potholes, badly maintained roads, broken pavements, derelict buildings, shops shut down, vandalism…the place has become a filthy, rotten mess. I swear it wasn’t like this even ten years ago.

Even the Countryside with litter dumped out of car and van windows and fly tipping on the increase.
Winds me up. Worse it has been, bad parenting a root cause.

Is it just me or is this entire country going to ruin?

Litter everywhere, graffiti, potholes, badly maintained roads, broken pavements, derelict buildings, shops shut down, vandalism…the place has become a filthy, rotten mess. I swear it wasn’t like this even ten years ago.
It's a dump like, even when we do something up nice people just shit on it. Spent quite a bit time down roker and seaburn and there's always someone letting their dog shit all over, people leaving shit all over the beach. Watched this group of young lads basically drink bottles, hoy the empties on the beach and watch the box and ket wrappers just blow away. They were quite far away like otherwise I would have said something potentially getting me head kicked in. The pier is usually a disgrace with no bins and scruffs coming from all over leaving shit about

Last edited:
I get we can’t have new. We don’t have money for new, but I am so tired of everywhere looking like shit. It feels like being forced to live in a house that you’re not allowed to clean or tidy.

I'm sick of hearing that we don't have the money for things. There's always money available for certain things in this country, and if the politicians wanted to... they could find it.

My question is, we used to have the money to pay for trains, gas, electric, telecoms, free University. We had a bigger military, a bigger police, All paid for by a smaller less taxed population.
We have sold off all those things considered "loss making", we've reduced the size of our public services to the bare bones and have more population paying more tax than ever?

So why is there no money?

Back