Eyes Wide Shut By Kubrick

OOOSH YEAH

Striker
What are people’s thoughts on it?

Can remember being really excited for it to come out as next to nowt was known about it. I went to see it on a Sunday night with a hangover which made it quite a bit more sinister. Been watching Kubricks films again recently and for some reason I’ve enjoyed this most of them all on another watch.

Think Tom Cruise is perfect for it and I reckon Stanley picked him because he was like a fish out of water much like Dr Bill. Don’t think he’s had a go at anything since which has been anything like as credible.

Have read some interesting articles in the years it came out about some of the symbolic stuff in the film.

Anyway I think like anything Stanley Kubrick did it was excellent.

When it came out and again about 10 years ago. Just couldn't get interested in or empathise with the characters.
Aye they’re a pair of dickheads like. I think the fact I dislike Cruise in real life made me like it more.
100%.

the whole scene when he’s creeping about watching it all to that piece of music is sublime
Agreed. He was f***ing brilliant at doing that. Just knew how to get every visual right. Who would have thought you’d be mesmerised by a man in a space suit and the sound of breathing for about 15 minutes.

Last edited:
Watched it at a cinema in Leeds. when the credits started rolling not one person moved, then a few picked their coats up and just stood for a while, then the lights come on and everyone sort of slowly started moving towards the exit whilst still looking at the screen wondering if it had actually ended.

Watched it at a cinema in Leeds. when the credits started rolling not one person moved, then a few picked their coats up and just stood for a while, then the lights come on and everyone sort of slowly started moving towards the exit whilst still looking at the screen wondering if it had actually ended.
Maybe to see if it elaborates on Nicole’s final statement 😂

What are people’s thoughts on it?

Can remember being really excited for it to come out as next to nowt was known about it. I went to see it on a Sunday night with a hangover which made it quite a bit more sinister. Been watching Kubricks films again recently and for some reason I’ve enjoyed this most of them all on another watch.

Think Tom Cruise is perfect for it and I reckon Stanley picked him because he was like a fish out of water much like Dr Bill. Don’t think he’s had a go at anything since which has been anything like as credible.

Have read some interesting articles in the years it came out about some of the symbolic stuff in the film.

Anyway I think like anything Stanley Kubrick did it was excellent.
I read a good article on it a few weeks ago. I'll try and find it.

I read a good article on it a few weeks ago. I'll try and find it.
I’ve probably read it. Is it about the fact that they had to go through counselling to do the scenes where they were intimate?

Would make sense after seeing Kubricks daughters film about the shining. Shelley Duval has never been the same since that. He really fucked her up during that.

Supposed to have took 13 weeks to film the 13 minute scene where him and Pollack did the billiard scene.

I’ve probably read it. Is it about the fact that they had to go through counselling to do the scenes where they were intimate?

Would make sense after seeing Kubricks daughters film about the shining. Shelley Duval has never been the same since that. He really fucked her up during that.

Supposed to have took 13 weeks to film the 13 minute scene where him and Pollack did the billiard scene.
Aye, 'How we made Eyes Wide Shut' or summat.

One of my all time favourite films and one of Cruises best. I think apart from the last samurai there isn't a Cruise film I haven't enjoyed.

Last edited:

Back