Eye infirmary - Car Park/Fine

Status
Not open for further replies.

SGF

Striker
Need the SMB's help on this one.

Thought I'd be a good grandson and pick my gannie up from the eye infirmary today. I was in the car park longer than 20 mins and now me mother has been on the phone saying I'll get fined as there is automatic numberplate recognition system.

Are these the type of fines I can toss off? (the private firm ones I've read about)

Anyone had any similar experiences or one from that particular car park?

Cheers

Thought I'd be a good grandson and pick my gannie up from the eye infirmary today. I was in the car park longer than 20 mins and now me mother has been on the phone saying I'll get fined as there is automatic numberplate recognition system.

Are these the type of fines I can toss off? (the private firm ones I've read about)

Cheers

We have one, ignore them and they go away

You will get about four letters threatening action, but they can't do anything and it will never get to court.

We got a reminder today, it in the bin.

Last edited by a moderator:

Cheers

I got one at the Royal from Parking Eye.

If yours is the same, it's not enforceable.

Cheers

You didn't see that coming

Free parking at Sunderland Hospital then (just igore fines)?

f***ing joke anyway man

Plus I helped a bloke jump start his car in the car park so that was my good deed for the day.

Its going in the bin

They've just installed it. Right fuck on cos I had bother registering my car even though I have a staff badge (£20 a month out ya wages).

But aye bascially for a drop off it'll take a snap of ya reg plate and if your longer than 20mins without buying a ticket they'll send you a £60 fine.

Ring NHS Switchboard, ask for security and come up with some bullshit excuse like your appointment time went over or your ganny was expecting transport that didn't arrive etc etc

They've just installed it. Right fuck on cos I had bother registering my car even though I have a staff badge (£20 a month out ya wages).

But aye bascially for a drop off it'll take a snap of ya reg plate and if your longer than 20mins without buying a ticket they'll send you a £60 fine.

Ring NHS Switchboard, ask for security and come up with some bullshit excuse like your appointment time went over or your ganny was expecting transport that didn't arrive etc etc

I was told by someone who works at the Royal that it's completely out of the hands of the NHS, the infirmary might be different. The NHS has no control over the private company running the car park.

Agreed, but it's pack during the day when it's not free, it would be even harder if it was free.

Packed with visitors I'd guess. People with appointments should be exempt.

I was told by someone who works at the Royal that it's completely out of the hands of the NHS, the infirmary might be different. The NHS has no control over the private company running the car park.

Ah. They are probably right but whenever I've told a patient to do similar they've never come back telling me it didn't get sorted.

Cheers

What does the ticket say? Which company issued it? Does it say parking charge?

these "firms" usually send official looking letters out, with a crest and checky banding around the perimeter of the letter to make it look like the "fuzz" has sent it (they arnt allowed to clamp anymore, so this is the new bully boy tactic) just ignore the fuckaz. theyll send a letter saying "pay in the next 14 days , and we"ll do you a favour and half the "fine". dont even bother replying. bell ends out to make a quick buck. 30 per cent of people pay out of fear, and thats what they prey on . IGNORE!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back