Extreme hunger

Hello.

Question if anyone can help..

I cycle about 10 k into work then 15/20k home, 5 days a week, maybe get 2 X 5k runs during the week too.. I'm at a desk, but I'm getting between 7/10, 000 steps a day in work.

Also do a 100k cycle on a sat.. 85KG...5.11"..About 2200 cals a day...

Only thing is, I always seem exhausted and hungry.. Would anyone know if I'm not eating enough, under fueling need more rest ect?

Cheers..

Ye me too haha, Im trying to drop a few kg for a cycle in Aug , but I think it could be counter productive what I'm doing atm, I will add on an extra few cals.. Protein yogurt and some fruit say... And keep my eye on progress..

Ye me too haha, Im trying to drop a few kg for a cycle in Aug , but I think it could be counter productive what I'm doing atm, I will add on an extra few cals.. Protein yogurt and some fruit say... And keep my eye on progress..

Is all this exercise a recent lifestyle change? I always find myself starving when I start exercising alot after a period of being a lazy bassa.

Is all this exercise a recent lifestyle change? I always find myself starving when I start exercising alot after a period of being a lazy bassa.
I've always exercised (bit of cycling or followed a 3/4 days a week in the gym plan ) but I've defo upped my training output of late with this training, I'm training for a 190k cycle end of July, obvious signs are there,, that it is the extra output... But I don't want to start stuffing my face, and get fatter haha...

I've always exercised (bit of cycling or followed a 3/4 days a week in the gym plan ) but I've defo upped my training output of late with this training, I'm training for a 190k cycle end of July, obvious signs are there,, that it is the extra output... But I don't want to start stuffing my face, and get fatter haha...
eat healthy stuff. are you getting enough protein?

Hello.

I cycle about 10 k into work then 15/20k home, 5 days a week, maybe get 2 X 5k runs during the week too.. I'm at a desk, but I'm getting between 7/10, 000 steps a day in work.

Only thing is, I always seem exhausted and hungry.. Would anyone know if I'm not eating enough, under fueling need more rest ect?

Cheers..
Not a doctor etc. but that doesn’t sound like anyway near enough calories for the amount to exercise that you’re doing.

In terms of weight loss/gain there’s simply calories.

In terms of health, well-being etc there’s good and bad. You need to be getting lots of vegetables, protein and good carbs.

The only way to work it out is to track your weight whilst sticking to the 2200 calories. If your weight is falling your in a deficit but if it’s static you’ll be at maintainence calories. If you’re shattered and hungry there’s a chance that you’ve not fuelled well enough prior to a workout.

My training is probably shorter but I’ll do 6 sessions a week with the occasional double session thrown in and I’m hungry after a workout if I train fasted.

Hello.

Cheers..

Maybe have a look at the type of food you are eating. Go for slower release carbs and high protein and good fats like, lentils, beans, pulses and nuts, meat/fish.

The protein will have you feel fuller for longer and the slower release carbs will hopefully release energy at an even pace.

Snack on fruits and nuts and drink plenty at water.

Maybe even check your iron levels or thyroid if you are eating well. Circa 2200 calories doesnt seem a lot at your exercise levels though? maybe up it in stages of 200 until you find a weight/energy level that is optimal for you?

Im not an expert.

Hello.

Cheers..
Nee wonder ya exhausted deeing all that.

Maybe start driving to graft?

Hello.

Cheers..
I run about 70 miles a week and reckon I consume twice as many calories as that. I’m 5.11 too and weigh 75kg

Hello.

Cheers..
Weight would be melting off me at that intake . As far as im aware 2200 k is maintenance intake for a typical male . Youre doing 250k on a bike and 10000 steps a day ...although ive not managed to work out how you cycle 10k in to work but 15-20k home 😀

Weight would be melting off me at that intake . As far as im aware 2200 k is maintenance intake for a typical male . Youre doing 250k on a bike and 10000 steps a day ...although ive not managed to work out how you cycle 10k in to work but 15-20k home 😀

Cause I'll go the long way home haha, a different route. I've upped my cals ,feeling better now.

Back