Extrapolated league table

I cleared my PMs anticipating a deluge of requests this bank holiday weekend, and you haven't let me down.

1. Luton..................96
2. Barnsley.............91
3. Sunderland.......91
4. Portsmouth.......91
5. Charlton.............85
6. Doncaster..........74
7. Peterborough...71
8. Coventry............68

Charlton look to have blown it, and Luton are away and celebrating. A good day yesterday for Portsmouth who imo had the trickiest game. Barnsley had the most simple and will be disappointed to see us claim three comfortable points.

However, Barnsley currently have second in their grasp by one hundredth of a point over us and Portsmouth, which is strange as it's in our hands, in Portsmouth's hands but not in Barnsley's.

One from three...

I was just thinking the other day how unlucky we are that it's so competitive. Then I looked at last season's L1 final table and the top two finished on 98 and 96 respectively, so maybe it isn't as hard to get out of this season

I cleared my PMs anticipating a deluge of requests this bank holiday weekend, and you haven't let me down.

3. Sunderland.......91
4. Portsmouth.......91
6. Doncaster..........74
7. Peterborough...71

Charlton look to have blown it, and Luton are away and celebrating. A good day yesterday for Portsmouth who imo had the trickiest game. Barnsley had the most simple and will be disappointed to see us claim three comfortable points.

However, Barnsley currently have second in their grasp by one hundredth of a point over us and Portsmouth, which is strange as it's in our hands, in Portsmouth's hands but not in Barnsley's.

One from three...

We know what we have to do. Win 4 games and there is nothing any of the others can do to stop us going up. It was win 5 before yesterdays match and we got the job done.

3. Sunderland.......91
4. Portsmouth.......91
6. Doncaster..........74
7. Peterborough...71

One from three...
So close!

If we and Portsmouth both manage to lose on Monday, Luton can seal promotion on Tuesday night.

As it stands today, in my opinion a winner between Sunderland Vs Portsmouth will go on to be second.

If it's a draw Barnsley will go up as second.
So long as we win on Monday, I think you're right.

I was just thinking the other day how unlucky we are that it's so competitive. Then I looked at last season's L1 final table and the top two finished on 98 and 96 respectively, so maybe it isn't as hard to get out of this season
Shrewsbury finished 3rd on 87 though. Likely 4th will be on something like that this year

A scenario could come to pass that Barnsley drop 2 points somewhere and Sunderland and Pompey win on Monday, then draw at the SOL.

Could well come down to whoever wins big in the final 2. Every goal becoming crucial.

A scenario could come to pass that Barnsley drop 2 points somewhere and Sunderland and Pompey win on Monday, then draw at the SOL.

Could well come down to whoever wins big in the final 2. Every goal becoming crucial.

On that point, particularly goal difference, I think it all hinges on McGeady’s fitness for us. If he starts our final 4 games, we’ve got a great chance of improving our goal difference sufficiently

I'll keep this updated each game week to see how things change. Worked out on a points per game ratio.

1. Luton............. 98
2. Barnsley........ 92
3. Sunderland.. 90
4. Portsmouth.. 88
5. Charlton........ 79
6. Doncaster..... 77

We're currently on course to play Doncaster in the play offs. Interestingly (or not) Blackpool are on course to finish above Peterborough in 7th.
Based on yesterday you would be buzzing to play Doncaster in the playoffs if that’s what happened?

3. Sunderland.......91
4. Portsmouth.......91
6. Doncaster..........74
7. Peterborough...71

One from three...
I think your points are off slightly but the order is correct

Edit. Pompey may top us

Twitchy bum time is upon us once again - 2nd would be amazing nip it in a bud - but the play offs beckon and we could be twitching until the end May

0-3 away win at Peterborough would set us up nicely for Pompey

I agree. Monday is going to be very tough.
Posh defence is weak.
We MUST get at them from the off.
IF we are brave we will do it.

On that point, particularly goal difference, I think it all hinges on McGeady’s fitness for us. If he starts our final 4 games, we’ve got a great chance of improving our goal difference sufficiently
Barnsley have 2 tough away games at Plymouth and Br rovers plus an awkward home game v Blackpool.
It's far from being over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Heaven knows I'm miserable now. I'm not even going to wait for Luton this week, they're well gone from us.

2. Barnsley.............92
3. Portsmouth.......92
4. Sunderland.......90
5. Charlton.............86
6. Doncaster..........74
7. Peterborough...71
8. Coventry............67

Actually that's cheered me up a bit, not as bad as I thought. Win on Saturday and IT'S ON AGAIN. Pressure on Pompey.

If we beat Portsmouth, that's great but we still rely on Barnsley f***ing up. Not to mention us doing better in our game in hand than Portsmouth do in theirs.

Keep the faith!

Back