Extra Wide adverts on mobile?

Roger

Striker
I am struggling to reproduce this problem that @Lexingtongue is having

and trying to find out how widespread an issue it is.

If anyone else is seeing these adverts that are wider than the message board can you reply to this thread and state which device/browser you are using and also visit What is my viewport and report the size it says on there.

I've had that problem as well but not very often.

The one that pisses me off more is when you scroll to the bottom then try and hit the SMB link and it thinks you've hit the advert and takes you off site.

I get it regulary but never realised what it was until this thread, just thought I might have zoomed in a bit and could make the page scroll left, so never occured to me it was an ad.

Samsung S8 and Chrome, I'll keep an eye out for ads now I know what it is.

Also come to think of it is it only on light mode? I've recently changed to dark and dont think I've noticed it since🤔

Last edited:
I get it regulary but never realised what it was until this thread, just thought I might have zoomed in a bit and could make the page scroll left, so never occured to me it was an ad.

Samsung S8 and Chrome, I'll keep an eye out for ads now I know what it is.

Also come to think of it is it only on light mode? I've recently changed to dark and dont think I've noticed it since🤔
No, I get it in dark mode.

Now you mention it that's happened to me as well. I thought it was some feature on Chrome or my phone I'd activated and had to press on the black space or press back.

Back