1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

extra coin

Discussion in 'SMB' started by Safcpeterlee81, Sep 8, 2015.

1. Do you stick to what the matcher comes up with or ever search your own out?

2. Just had a look and you are right but it does warn you to make sure selections qualify.

In the football season it really isn’t an issue.

3. Aye. Tbh I usually just go through sporting bet and owt under or around 1.2 and at home goes on until I've got 5 selections . I'll try be a bit more thorough when the season starts and I've actually got a clue who the teams are but its working for now

PhilSAFC likes this.
  4. Longy

Longy Striker

How many do you get on in a weekend & what bookies do you use?

5. Gazoliver

Gazoliver Winger

Which bookies do you use most mate?

6. I've had contact from various members over the last few months after posts I've made on here regarding sports trading.

So, I'm considering setting up a small collaboration group of a few like-minded SMB members.

The object will be to share the workload in collecting market data that can then be analysed to develop strategies and share ideas moving forward.

To be blunt, I'm really only looking for people that are serious about developing trading strategies and who are prepared to commit to putting in the time and effort to collect market data for the benefit of the group. In my experience with this type of collaboration it only works if all members contribute to the workload, passengers looking for a free ride won't be welcomed ;)

If this of interest drop me a PM and I'll gauge interest over the next week or so and get back to you for further discussion.

7. Longy

Longy Striker

Had an email today from ComeOn! & they're free bet club. £25 per week for "combo bets". I'm assuming they're looking for a few access to be placed. The thing is, they haven't explained yet! Anybody got a clue?

8. C-S-L Mackem

C-S-L Mackem Midfield

@Gazoliver I try to get on 10 a week, if possible. Obviously it's easier when there are games midweek, and it depends on quality of matches. If you have weekends when a lot of the big teams are playing each other, there tend to be fewer games to choose from.

In terms of bookies, best are William Hill, Sportingbet, Ladbrokes, Coral, and Paddypower. I also use Bwin, Winner, Titanbet, and Genting (mainly because I'm gubbed from Sportingbet, Coral, and Paddypower.

Longy and Gazoliver like this.
  9. Longy

Longy Striker

I did Matched betting about 8/9 years ago & made a few quid on sign ups, but got a bit bored & didn't have the resource like Oddsmonkey have now. But the No Lay Accumulators were what got me interested again early in the year. With that I signed up to Oddsmonkey & realised there were more accounts to open & I could get away with opening new accounts because we've moved house & our lasses name has changed. But it's all bee leading up to this. I'm hoping / expecting with good book keeping it should be an easy way to make a steady bit of extra money this year.

10. I gave up on Paddy Power last season because their odds for the pinchers were rubbish. What odds have you been doing on their accas?

11. Roker Mackem

Roker Mackem Striker

What sort of stakes and how many per week are you putting on to get that sort of profit mate?
    Also, how many accas do each bookies usually allow? Or or multiple accas not really suspicious?

12. APepper8

APepper8 Central Defender

wow that's some pretty insane acca profits!

13. C-S-L Mackem

C-S-L Mackem Midfield

I'd say the average odds for PP were usually between 4-7. I know you generally prefer to stick to low odds, but I'm happy to go up to around 8 if the EV is particularly good.

I usually stake £25 per acca, unless it's with a company that have lower refund offers (i.e. Genting - £20, Betvictor - £10. I'm usually able to get on around 10 per week, more if possible. Basically, as many as I can.

Most bookies allow one acca per day. So you could have one that ends on Saturday, one Sunday, one Monday etc. Paddy Power allow 4 per day, which is why I'm particularly gutted to have lost them. Probably should have left the horses alone!

EV should be between £5-7 based on £25 stakes. It's currently at around £9, so I'm ahead of the curve and expect it to correct itself downwards over time. Still, even at the lower end, £5 profit a time over 10 accas a week would be really good (especially as it takes minutes to do and is then set and forget).

I don't know for sure, but the consensus seems to be that bookies love accas because they're not good value. Also, as long as you're not betting on really obscure games that most normal people wouldn't be on, you should blend in as so many people put on accumulators when there are big cards.

Last edited: Jul 18, 2017
  14. Longy

Longy Striker

Pinchers? That mean heavy favourites?

15. C-S-L Mackem

C-S-L Mackem Midfield

I reckon that's a good way to go about it. You might as well go through all of the lucrative sign-up offers first then concentrate on reloads. For me, no-lay accas are the best reload offer you can do because you can do a lot of them, they have a high EV, they look pretty "muggy", and they don't take a lot of time. The bigger the float you have, the less concerned you'll be if you have a bad run (I've had stints where I've been over £300 down from the last "win").

16. Longy

Longy Striker

Yeah, that's my only concern about "diving in". My bank is probably just under £1k. There'll be losing runs at some point. I might shit my pants if that run comes early on. I understand EV & trusting the numbers, but it would make anybody nervous having to play catch up as soon as you start.

17. APepper8

APepper8 Central Defender

Thanks mate, good info there! How do you work out EV? See it a lot on OM but just trust that it's right

18. jackynutmeg

jackynutmeg Winger

I'm really bored with mb'ing and also ran out if bookies so no lay accas next season could be the option for me

PhilSAFC likes this.
  19. Longy

Longy Striker

There's a no lay acca calculator. It'll tell you the total Back odds vs total lay odds on Betfair / Smarkets.

C-S-L Mackem likes this.
  20. C-S-L Mackem

C-S-L Mackem Midfield

In that case, I think it's definitely worth building your bank up first. Ideally, you'll have enough to ride the variance and not restrict you getting on other things as well.

I was lucky in that when I started no-lays, I had a good early run which built up my confidence. If it had gone the other way and I ended up a few hundred quid down, I might have panicked and gone back to sequential laying. Now I'm at the point where even if the new season is pretty rubbish compared to the one just gone (I wouldn't be surprised, as I'm ahead of the EV at the moment so it should readjust downwards eventually), I'll still be well up.

Longy likes this.