Extinction rebellion protestor dragged off tube train roof

• Thread starter Deleted member 45676
  • Start date

I can probably help there. It would almost certainly have been terror and fear that would have gone through their minds.

Hopefully it'll never happen to you, but if one day you happen to get caught on your own by a violent mob, perhaps you'll be able to confirm.

Thankfully I'm sensible enough to never deliberately antagonize 100s of people on their way to work. If I done something as stupid as that, I'd consider the possible ramifications before doing it.

I can probably help there. It would almost certainly have been terror and fear that would have gone through their minds.

Hopefully it'll never happen to you, but if one day you happen to get caught on your own by a violent mob, perhaps you'll be able to confirm.
Good. I hope this pasting has sent him packing back to his stinking hovel and his flat paid for by his elderly parents who are most likely ashamed of him and wish he would just (find a woman)

Is it legal to stand on the roof of a train carriage? In the U.K., not in India.

Operate within the law and you don’t tend to get a kicking off anyone.

We have police to enforce the laws rather than vigilante lynch mobs.

The biggest law breakers in this country are white collar criminals. Does this give me carte blanche to go and beat up some accountants or bankers? If not, why not?

We have police to enforce the laws rather than vigilante lynch mobs.

The biggest law breakers in this country are white collar criminals. Does this give me carte blanche to go and beat up some accountants or bankers? If not, why not?
You’d be surprised how tough some white collar workers are. I am nails and I’d stove the head of anyone who acted aggressively towards me.

Just seen they’re laid on the ground at Gatwick. Superb. You can kick them as hard as you can in the head and claim you never seen them. I’d be chuffed with that

Be class if the luggage handlers and ground crew just smashed the gimps in tbf.
Maybe it is in Doodle City, Iowa, but here in the United Kingdom the police use truncheons.

I’m posting from the UK, sadly.

Be class if the luggage handlers and ground crew just smashed the gimps in tbf.

I’m posting from the UK, sadly.
Exactly. Imagine them attempting to stop a bloke going on his one holiday of the year he’s worked for 12 months to pay for. Goodnight swampy.

They’re actually suggesting we now should ban all flying. Are we supposed to go back to using galleons?

Janice is her real name.....she's from Slough.....

the thing is, we're all on board really....I am, I try to do what I can, I've got solar panels on my roof...recycle, try to use as little packaging I can etc....we all do....because we all care, and we like polar bears..

it's at corporate level it needs to change, If these Eco types went and had it out with logging companies etc, but in a civilised manner I'd imagine there could be changes,I'm pretty sure Green peace and all the others try this all the time

..at the same time, we as a race haven't really come out of the petrol/oil age.....sure we're working on technology but it's not going to change over night...that's what these people need to realise, the world is trying to change (mostly)...car companies, nearly every company now has a hybrid or full electric car.....housing is more fuel efficient....trains are electric....Lorries are in development...it's just the tip of the iceberg (while it's still there)...

basically, jumping on a train to stop the normal working man/woman to get to his/her job to feed his/her family is just gonna get you bitch slapped...

God I spout some crap....:lol:
Agree with every word mate

Sorry, but mob violence is never an appropriate response to a bit of personal inconvenience.

Whether through accident or design, my commute to work sometimes gets delayed by other people. Am I now justified in taking a swipe at them?

Finally, if you genuinely 'love' seeing a person getting a kicking from a mob whilst lying defenceless on the floor, then there is something wrong with you. You are lacking in normal human empathy and I'm glad I don't have to deal with you in the real world.
And it will be accidental. How would you react to somebody deliberately disrupting your passage (f'naar f'naar) ? Maybe you wouldn't take a swipe but I'm sure you'd get pretty angry.

I think the kickings that were administered on the tube today were the culmination of peoples' frustration and anger at XR's arrogance and lack of consideration for everybody else.
Why? What else is it they want? Tell us just how disgusting it is.

It must be something really, really bad if their wanting it makes them into 'scum' who are deserving of a mob beating.
Their stated objectives include the bringing down of government and the overthrow of capitalism. In short, the detruction of our existing society. The Russian Revolution was an example of this.
Or if it is a plane/train/bus, just let the vehicle carry on as normal.

That would be feckin hilarious. Seeing the expression on the face of some twat glued to the side of an Inter-City express as it rockets into a tunnel at 125mph!

Last edited:
It’ll get worse the longer it goes on. You’d put up with it for a few days but when it starts affecting your day to day you’d lose patience. They’ll start getting twatted eventually. I’d love to see them do it in Newcastle, Manchester or Leeds where it’s less tourists. They’d get battered if they pissed about with the metro.

Public support has been reducing since halfway through the first week this time last year.

They’ve more than made their point. Climbing on the roof of a tube where folk are just trying to go out and earn a crust at 7am is a step too far. Don’t agree with him getting filled in but after saying they wouldn’t affect people’s day to day business what did they expect.

Having been a commuter in London for a number of years I'm not surprised at the kicking they got.

I'd stop short of condoning such a move and add that I hope they've learned their lesson.

When they camped out on Victoria Bridge in Leeds they caused huge traffic jams and inconvenienced thousands of ordinary people.

There was open hostility then, but fortunately there was a reasonable police presence.

Back