Extinction rebellion protestor dragged off tube train roof

• Thread starter Deleted member 45676
  • Start date
XR voted not to disrupt trains n tubes unanimously. These two idiots ignored that. XR have disowned them. False flag accusations have been thrown around but I can’t see that mind. Now if they’d noted a yoghurt pot on themselves...

That makes three of us......

XR is not a group per se, it is an umbrella organisation which brings together and tries to unite lots of protest groups. That’s why they are so disorganised. They can rarely agree what to do and how.

XR is not a group per se, it is an umbrella organisation which brings together and tries to unite lots of protest groups. That’s why they are so disorganised. They can rarely agree what to do and how.

And that’s going to be their downfall - they will attract all kinds of ‘professional’ protestors with their own agendas.

I am on their mailing list (need to keep a check on them at work) and their statement yesterday distanced themselves from those pricks at canning town. They claimed they told them not to carry out their plans as they could clearly see what an own goal it was disrupting public transport which uses electric !!

It has probably set back the whole group massively now and they will lose loads of public sympathy they may have had.

And that’s going to be their downfall - they will attract all kinds of ‘professional’ protestors with their own agendas.

I am on their mailing list (need to keep a check on them at work) and their statement yesterday distanced themselves from those pricks at canning town. They claimed they told them not to carry out their plans as they could clearly see what an own goal it was disrupting public transport which uses electric !!

It has probably set back the whole group massively now and they will lose loads of public sympathy they may have had.

They didn’t have a lot of public sympathy to begin with.

They way they work is no one is more important then the next so no one can tell another what to do. They makes suggestions then have a jazz hands wave for those who show support. Any group without leadership will never work.

Oh, and need to be on their mailing list ‘for work’? Pull the other one swampy, the SMB can see right through your lies.

XR voted not to disrupt trains n tubes unanimously. These two idiots ignored that. XR have disowned them. False flag accusations have been thrown around but I can’t see that mind. Now if they’d noted a yoghurt pot on themselves...

That makes three of us......
Of course they’d disown them, the PR hasn’t gone well for them on this one.

I can totally see what they're trying to do & it's a worthy cause in my eyes. I don't buy all this work shy, contradictory crap that people try to label them with. Plenty of the protesters interviewed acknowledge that they contradict themselves on environmental issues because there is no other realistic way for a person to live in this country (that's part of their protest).

The problem they're going to have, is that they can't present a clear goal. They don't really have a hierarchy or a nominated spokesperson that speaks for the majority. This allows any lunatic to do and say what they like in the name of XR and it's going to cause more problems for them & the wider public as this goes forward.

1. Climate change is a demonstrably real problem which must be (and is being, whether strongly enough or not) attempted to address - I don't know much about Extinction Rebellion at all, I'm too busy to notice atm, so I'm not endorsing them or rebuking their positions, as I don't really know what they want.
2. Whether or not somebody representing this group on breakfast TV got a chaffeur to the studio, is absolutely f***ing irrelevant to whether or not her position is correct - she might be a hypocrite, but that doesn't make her wrong (I don't know what her actual views are btw, she might be right or she might be a complete idiot). If I argue that murder is immoral, and I then went and murdered somebody, that doesn't invalidate the position that murder is immoral in any way - it potentially makes me an immoral shit, but that is irrelevant.
3. The real issue seemingly, is that a group that is apparently concerned by climate change and carbon footprint, elected to massively disrupt a mass public transport service which is run on electric...what the fuck is that about? Talk about a massive own goal.

2)

I don’t care how she got to the studio- but I m not being told by her not to do things when she’s actually doing the very opposite.

I don’t listen to hypocrites.

Either way she hadn’t the good sense to take public transport or her pushbike that day - then she could have stuffed it in their face and promoted the cause.

So she’s not only a hypocrite , she’s pretty dumb as well.

A woman on radio 2, sounds like a really sweet lady just said she really enjoyed seeing the people on the roof get a right good kicking. Made her weekend.

A woman on radio 2, sounds like a really sweet lady just said she really enjoyed seeing the people on the roof get a right good kicking. Made her weekend.

That lady needs to be very careful - that’s borderline hate crime and she could face a lengthy custodial sentence.

Stop the world - I want to get off.

2)

I don’t care how she got to the studio- but I m not being told by her not to do things when she’s actually doing the very opposite.

I don’t listen to hypocrites.

Either way she hadn’t the good sense to take public transport or her pushbike that day - then she could have stuffed it in their face and promoted the cause.

So she’s not only a hypocrite , she’s pretty dumb as well.
It is a daft thing to do, but it is completely irrelevant to the value of her point. Her failure to act consistently with her views, is absolutely irrelevant to the truth or usefulness of them.

Back