Expressions you hate

'It is what it is'
cannot stand it and seems like it's just a way for people to say shut up and get on with it.
Ahem, I use it all the time. But I mean to each his own. It is what it is.

The interminable habit that folk have developed starting any sentence with "So..."
So, that's me. I know, I know. I don't even realize I'm doing it most of the time.

That really irks me.

And the way some Londoners say "axe" instead of "ask".
Not just Londoners. Plenty of Americans say that as well. "Well, if you're not sure, why don't you 'axe' them?" - Uh, because I'm not a serial killer, fucker!

Annoys the fuck out of me as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
“Yous”

Eh?
You have the board name ‘Wear Son’ and you object to ‘yous’? What kind of Mackem are you like?

That’s just totally canonical Mackem slang man, and anyone who objects to that must be a right little Lord Fauntleroy posh git.

Eh?
You have the board name ‘Wear Son’ and you object to ‘yous’? What kind of Mackem are you like?

That’s just totally canonical Mackem slang man, and anyone who objects to that must be a right little Lord Fauntleroy posh git.

As per the thread title , it’s just an expression that I don’t like , nothing more, nothing less .

Is it exclusive “ Mackem slang “ ? I m not so sure about that . Any way , calm down , it’s only a wrongly used word .

Back