Expressions you hate

Also ‘smashing’ stuff....
Christmas on Facebook (leave it) was a nightmare...families all in the same pj’s (no real issue, not for me but hey ho) then the caption...’we’re totally smashing christmas’ what the fuck does that even mean?...

You smashed it mate...

I’ve totally smashed ‘.....’...

Unless your Hulk or playing a raquet sport, please shut up....

I’ve had coffee and understand this just may be a caffeine fuelled rant...

Bloke at work likes to 'touch base', 'have dialogue', 'shake the tree to see where the apple falls' and his latest one is 'scratch the wallpaper to see what's beneath'.
He is an utter bellend.
Just don't reply to any emails. He'll ask why eventually.

'Cheap at half the price', aye it would be. Twice the price pricks.
Anyone who says "two times" instead of twice.

Veggies instead of vegetables
Really? :eek::lol:

Last edited:
“Yous”

in fact any expression whereby people voluntarily demonstrate that they are thick as f**k. It’s something that come on with age.

Well, you have answered my question. One lives and learns. I still no not like the phrase though.
That's fair enough. I don't the word hospitalise even though it has a clear French derivation and I'd wager has probably been used for decades. Also "oftentimes", which I thought was a terrible modern word, was used by Dickens.

Another one is "gotten". While technically it may be just about passable it's still horrible. Popularised by that boil on the arse of the world, Friends. Users think it makes them sound intelligent. It doesn't. The word is GOT.

Too late to edit.

Sorry should've read the thread before posting. Seb as fLIck.
Mea culpa. (Feel free - hate it when some nob uses Latin phrases to sound clever)

Last edited:
'
'The exception that proves the rule'.....if there is an exception, it ain't a rule. More pricks.
Prove originally meant to test (from Latin probo), so an exception does test a rule.

I've noticed 'surreal' being used a lot by the kind of bells that misuse 'unreal' too. :evil:

I predict that every twat will start using 'bunch' as the collective noun for everything. I've heard a bunch of cows & even a bunch of gravy!

Back