Exercise next to go

but some people don't think you should have even been having a short daily walk.
look at pseudonym number 1 in the thread as an eg
I've been following government rules. I walk a nigh deserted route once a day. I keep my distance, I touch nothing. I'm not one of those people plating frisbee on a beach, riding in cavalcades of bikes, having outdoor get togethers. If I'm instructed to not go out at all, I will comply. But it still won't detract from the fact that my freedoms have been further curtailed by disobedient, selfish, and/or dense strangers. If you want to put that all on the government then that's your prerogative.
I agree with you I do the same. But a lot of people dont think we should be allowed stuff like that even and wont be happy till walking stopped

I've been following government rules. I walk a nigh deserted route once a day. I keep my distance, I touch nothing. I'm not one of those people plating frisbee on a beach, riding in cavalcades of bikes, having outdoor get togethers. If I'm instructed to not go out at all, I will comply. But it still won't detract from the fact that my freedoms have been further curtailed by disobedient, selfish, and/or dense strangers. If you want to put that all on the government then that's your prerogative.

It was always going to happen imho. They could have prevented it by coming down hard on transgressors from the start but they deliberately didn't because they wanted this excuse.

look at pseudonym number 1 in the thread as an eg

I agree with you I do the same. But a lot of people dont think we should be allowed stuff like that even and wont be happy till walking stopped
People are using the daily exercise thing to take the piss. You want to walk walk round your garden, yard or house to exercise. There is simply no need to go outside other than food shopping or work for key worker.

It was always going to happen imho. They could have prevented it by coming down hard on transgressors from the start but they deliberately didn't because they wanted this excuse.
Well, we'll never know, will we? Come down hard, get lambasted for being a totalitarian nanny state. Try and be lenient and get lambasted for not being strict enough. I'm no fan of the Tories, not by a long stretch of the imagination, but they're in a no-win situation on this front.

As if anybody needs an hour of exercise outdoors per day. Get it all locked down except for food and med collection. Thank fuck we have never had to fight a world war with the selfish and arrogant mentality of people these days. I've lived in a metal container with 2 other blokes for 6 months and gated the whole time, I've spent 6 months away from all family multiple times and guess what, no harm done whatsoever. Show some consideration and resilience ffs.

Bloke opposite is constantly out in the shared parking area, washing his car, driving somewhere in it, driving his wife’s car, washing it, going with his wife in her car somewhere (when she’s not going somewhere, sometimes it’s like a relay) greeting visitors at the door, takeaway deliveries, handing over cash. I’m not spying but it’s very noticeable when everything else is quiet.

Of course loads of us are walking around the block and surrounding paths etc but he seems to be a constant presence. God knows how his neighbours feel. They’d have to wait for him to move and make a dash for it to get past him. This morning somebody delivered a gerbil or hamster or something:again stood at the door chatting for ages, notes changed hands, more close-to chatting - probably about how awful this isolation malarkey is.

I think he believes that social isolation is just not going to work.

Back