Exercise/lifting after Broken/Fractured ankle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Up The Bracket

Central Defender
Fractured my ankle and had 9 screws put in. Has anyone done this or similar and what was your experience of getting back to full strength and the time frame? Physio reckons it will be 6 month before I can run properly and over a year before squatting :neutral:

Hoping someone has done similar and got back to full strength sooner

Fractured my ankle and had 9 screws put in. Has anyone done this or similar and what was your experience of getting back to full strength and the time frame? Physio reckons it will be 6 month before I can run properly and over a year before squatting :neutral:

Hoping someone has done similar and got back to full strength sooner

I started lifting for the first time after snapping my leg above the ankle. It was really to get my leg back to a normal size after it withered away a bit. Got well and truly into it.

I just started very light as soon as the physio said it was fine to. That's all the advice I can offer really.

An ankle probably differs in advice as it's a joint.

I started lifting for the first time after snapping my leg above the ankle. It was really to get my leg back to a normal size after it withered away a bit. Got well and truly into it.

I just started very light as soon as the physio said it was fine to. That's all the advice I can offer really.

An ankle probably differs in advice as it's a joint.
Aye, my leg where the cast was has pretty much zero muscle now. Going to be gutted if it is a year till I can squat properly

Whatever advice the physios give, stick to it.

I snapped my tib and fib just above the ankle. Was in a cast for nearly a year, with another year until I could play football / train again.

I tried rushing it and broke it again in the same place during my first game back.

Whatever advice the physios give, stick to it.

I snapped my tib and fib just above the ankle. Was in a cast for nearly a year, with another year until I could play football / train again.

I tried rushing it and broke it again in the same place during my first game back.
f***ing hell, 2 year. That would drive me mad:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back